Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

Wes
    Feedback Score

Default Quick Question

I live in Cali, Just got a saiga 7.62x39. Im looking into the conversion process and was looking on some websites. Moving the triger in towards the mag seems like a lot of extra work to attach a pistol grip when you can just buy a stock with a pistol grip attached? Am i missing the big picture, Im pretty sure the only real big difference will be rifle length? I mean you can still do a trigger job and what not.

Wes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I live in Cali, Just got a saiga 7.62x39. Im looking into the conversion process and was looking on some websites. Moving the triger in towards the mag seems like a lot of extra work to attach a pistol grip when you can just buy a stock with a pistol grip attached? Am i missing the big picture, Im pretty sure the only real big difference will be rifle length? I mean you can still do a trigger job and what not.

Wes

You can never make that POS trigger work like a converted one. It's like the difference between old transmission shifter linkage and a modern top loader.(if you know anything about cars, you will understand this)
    Think of it like this: you can pull a lever, that moves a rod, that pulls a cable, that moves a bar, and pushes a bucket over. or you can just push over the bucket. Which would be more positive and crisp?

Wes
    Feedback Score

Makes sense, Thanks for the response. Im reading up on the conversion proccess, A little worried I will screw up a new rifle..

Wes

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Makes sense, Thanks for the response. Im reading up on the conversion proccess, A little worried I will screw up a new rifle..

Wes

Just take your time and get a couple of really good drill bits(cobalt). To be sheet metal, that's some hard steel! After the first one, it just gets easier and will really make you want another one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Just take your time and get a couple of really good drill bits(cobalt). To be sheet metal, that's some hard steel! After the first one, it just gets easier and will really make you want another one.
    Again, I must protest the use of the drill in a conversion.

The only time a drill is needed is when you drill the hole for the bullet guide (which the Californian may won't be wanting to do)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The conversions aren't hard to do, usually the hardest part is putting in the hole for the pistol grip nut but there are a couple companies making trigger guards with the mount built in.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    The conversions aren't hard to do, usually the hardest part is putting in the hole for the pistol grip nut but there are a couple companies making trigger guards with the mount built in.
    That issue doesn't exist for the Saiga rifles (we are in the Saiga rifles subforum).

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That issue doesn't exist for the Saiga rifles (we are in the Saiga rifles subforum).
    I only own one Saiga rifle and have heard some don't have the hole, don't know if it's true or not, yes I could have worded it different by adding "some might not have the pistol grip hole". (I'm not blind)
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Again, I must protest the use of the drill in a conversion.

The only time a drill is needed is when you drill the hole for the bullet guide (which the Californian may won't be wanting to do)

Maybe I should have read up more on your posts. I needed to drill a front hole for my triggerguard and it was neater to drill out the spot welds than to grind them off. If you have an easier and faster way, pls post a link so I quit overworking.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.