Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bullet guide out of steel Pipe..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Bullet guide out of steel Pipe..

has anyone made a bullet guide out of a piece of steel pipe for a 5.45X39 saga.. that works.. 545 only.. I tried to make one and I can not get it to feed.. Seems like it is too low.. B2B

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought my bullet guides from K-var they were cheap and come with the rivet

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had a Saiga 7.62x39 that I converted.Looked at a internet picture of one and made it with a piece of SS 3/4" pipe,drilled and taped.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I made one for my saiga .223 out of cast iron pipe. Drilled and tapped. LOTS of filing requiredd to get the angles good for rounds to feed tho.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I made about 4 different pieces and could not get them to feed 100% so I ordered one from Dizag inc.. I was going to order one or two from KVAR but those Cocksuckers wanted over $12 to ship two bullet guides....F that..dam rip off crooks, that is just a BS over charged shipping prices... it would cost like a dollar to send in the mail...sorry but they will not get my business.. B2B
    Last edited by Bolt2bounce; 12-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It's most likely not working since you made it from a pipe, the 545 guide has a flat top.

Look at the guides on this link, they are all flat on top. The difference is the trunnion where the guide sets, either it's flat or rounded, there's pics so click on both style and you'll see what I mean.
    dinzagarms
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

My receiver has a round bottom under where the bullet guide..sits.. I ordered the round one from Dinzag well see if it works.. B2B

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    I made one for my saiga .223 out of cast iron pipe. Drilled and tapped. LOTS of filing requiredd to get the angles good for rounds to feed tho.

+1 i made one out of the same , it worked OK with the galil mags in my .223.

one of the good things about the AR-15 mag converter is it has a built in ramp.

the bad thing is to get it to fit you have to really do some cut and grind job on your mag well & locking lugs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I got my Dinzag bullet guide.. and it works flawlessly.. I had to open the hole a hair as I taped a 10-32 hole and not the 8-32..but it feeds great... I'm very happy.. well worth the $20 just to end my frustration..and My Fail.. I hate that feeling.. now I can move on to the 74 front end..mod.. B2B

It's most likely not working since you made it from a pipe, the 545 guide has a flat top.
    Coils.. I think this is true.. not bumping the round high enough.. B2B

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt2bounce View Post
    I made about 4 different pieced and could not get them to feed 100% so I ordered one from Dizag.. I was going to order one or two from KVAR but those Cocksuckers wanted over $12 to ship two bullet guides.... that is just a Crock in over charged shipping prices... sorry but they will not get my business.. B2B
    ordered a couple of guides and alot of other parts so the price for shipping was not out of line

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.