Thread: 545 saga conversion

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default 545 saga conversion

Done as far as I want to do with the 545 saga conversion bullet guide and front end..
    B2B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It's a start. When your ready to do the rear, the hardest part is deciding how to fill the extra holes.

What kind of scope is that? Looks like an Eotech but then it doesn't
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

yeah I've got some plastic plugs from Dinzag or a wire feed welder I can fill them in, if I need to.. not sure I'm going to do the rest.. the only thing I really don't like it the crap trigger pull with the likage...system.. but I kinda like the stock.. and handguards.. I may mill some slot in the hand guard.... B2B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know what you mean, they are comfortable rifles, it's just that FCG that make them some what crappy.
    When I did the 223 I only converted the rear half (FCG, pistol grip, stock) and left the rest original, I mainly did it just to get rid of the stock FCG. The US black plastic pg & stock work out good on these and still look like a factory rifle.
    Just something to think about if you decide to do more.

As for welding up the holes, it does make it a lot easier to use an aluminum, brass or copper backer. I had a piece of one inch square aluminum and did'nt have to do anything to the inside, just needed the outside cleaned up.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Scope is a bushnell holosite.. pre eotec.. same scope just less sturdy.. design for civilian use.. I just did the bullet guide and the front end.. I can live with the stock set up.. but I may get around to doing a complete conversion, I really don't need to, as i have plenty of 74's already built.. I have a copper backing spoon sold by harbor freight.. should do the trick.. B2B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What's nice with these you can work on as little or much as you want, I like the look of the original hand gaurd, here's a pic of my 223 in this link (post 31), the pg & stock is a Tapco
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f279/new...61/index4.html

If you got other 74s I'd just convert this one as far as you want

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I think I'll leave it at the bullet guide and the front end.. I may convert the rear as some point down the road..but I have so many other 74's already I don't see the point.. except for the trigger being crap.. and also so many other projects get in my way.. I may not get around to it for a few years.. LOL.. I need a lot of welding practice also before I work on the receiver... but I got done what I wanted so far... I enjoy the 545 better that the 223 Ak.. but that may change if ammo prices goes up.. B2B

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.