Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New project

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default New project

I just ordered a Saiga 12 from Scott at DPH (see thread) http://www.gunco.net/forums/f259/sai...89-00-a-40701/

This is a brand new platform for me, I've been looking to do something a little change of pace.
    I'm going to do a conversion on it and plan to document it here. This will not be a short term project, As I said this is a new venture and I plan on taking my time and weighing all my options. I will complete it as time, money and parts availability allows.
    If anybody has already done one, please post any tricks, tips, pitfalls to avoid and most important, PICS. Lets see them.

Feedback Score

I saw a good step by step tutorial on: AGArms - Saiga
    Hope it helps.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Good deal max-- I'm looking forward to it!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Max,

Sorry I missed your call today, we were out loading the trailer for the show this weekend.

The Saiga popularity is really catching on. It is the closest anyone is going to get to a complete authentic Russian AK. The conversion isnt that difficult and there are more and more items being made for them every day. We have a few things in works, we have a door breach for the 12 gauge that should be ready soon. I will have the prototype this weekend. We will finally have the production run of the Saiga muzzle brakes that will fit the 7.62x39 and the .223 without having to thread the barrel and it will not be a cheesy set screw set up. We got the first prototypes of the quad rail and tri rail for the 7.62, .308 and the .223 and they are really nice. The 12 gauge quad and tri rails will be coming very soon. I'll post pics of these as soon as we get caught up a little and get some "quality" pictures (I'll need to find someone for that.....guns OK camera" now way).

Scott

Feedback Score

I just gave one of my S12s a good workout today testing some of the (relatively) cheap Taiwanese 5 round magazines that I recently purchased. I'm very happy with them; they all worked great.

I still need to do the conversion. I'm just going simple, new trigger group in the right spot, reusing the original trigger guard, and a fixed standard length stock/pg in black. I might vent the forward hand grip, but not sure yet how I'm going to do it.

A buddy of mine has an ACE stock with the cut-off tang attachment and it's nice. I like the look, but I'm not sure I want to shoot 3" magnums with my cheek on a metal tube for a buttstock!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Sid,

Nice link Thanks. That one is nice as far as it goes, I hope they finish it.
    That's the type of thing I am planning to do here.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

mojo,

Well, you're one step ahead of me, I don't even have the shotgun yet. LOL
    Keep us posted on your conversion progress.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I found another good link. It's a rifle conversion, but most of it will pertain to the shotty as well.
    Saiga Conversion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Take it out and shoot it as is first. I was going to convert mine but like the way it shoots in it's original configuration. If you want the cool factor then a conversion is the way to go. I still might but am enjoying it as is for now.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I really have no legitimate reason for even owning one, were it not for the cool factor. LOL
    I already own several hunting shotguns and a Mossy for things that go bump in the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 7.62x39; 09-12-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.