Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saiga Parts Count

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DPH arms View Post
    That's right, it shipped and look closely in the box.......there may be present in there for ya........

Scott
    A present?...Ohhh, I like presents. Now I'm embarrassed, I didn't get you anything. <>

According to UPS tracking, I'll have it today.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

My initial plans include a G-2 FCG, Ace folder, SAW PG and a Galil foregrip. That will give me 6 US parts. If I change my mind on any of those, I'll get HB to whip up a piston.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am not aware of a rifled barrel for these. Given today's AK smiths know their way around these shotguns, I believe the potential exists for a (US-built!) rifled rebarrel for the slug-only shooter.
    I have been eyeballing the 12 and the 20 guage for a rifled slug barrel conversion for deer hunting. a mosburg rifled barrel or a blank ( they are avaliable ) should not be to much of a issue and there US made. one of thes with a good barrel would be pretty slick in shotgun only areas for deer.
    some of the new saboted slugs are shooting 1-2 inch groups at 100 yards in good shotguns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    one of thes with a good barrel would be pretty slick in shotgun only areas for deer.
    some of the new saboted slugs are shooting 1-2 inch groups at 100 yards in good shotguns.
    That was exactly my thinking! Here in VA you can only use shottys unless you have a treestand or some other nonsense.

I must admit, I've not hunted in at least the last 10 years that I can think of, and I'm really wanting to get back into it for more meat in the freezer. So this "conversion" has been on my mind quite a bit lately. CAVEAT - One must remember, however, that many shotgun slugs were designed for use in a smooth bore. My dad's double-barrel coach shotgun that looks as old as dirt will group about 3-4 inches at 100 yards. Therefore, it should go without saying that from a performance perspective, it may not be required for optimum performance with a given load.

One additional FYI - my recent research into rifled vs. smooth bores strongly suggests that the QA level of most shotgun barrels are low enough that it literally becomes a question of how does slug X perform in YOUR barrel.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

My question regarding the Saiga-12 parts count.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f275/sai...on-922r-40990/

Feedback Score

interesting thanks for the information

Feedback Score

I wonder, can you register rifle/shotgun as an SBR without the current barrel actually being under 16"... because SBRs don't need to comply with 922

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

sure you can but dont cut the barrel down till you have your approved form 1 in your hand.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by new21022 View Post
    I wonder, can you register rifle/shotgun as an SBR without the current barrel actually being under 16"... because SBRs don't need to comply with 922
    Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    sure you can but dont cut the barrel down till you have your approved form 1 in your hand.
    He doesn't want to cut anything.

He wants to spend $200 and get on the government tax rolls and have a shotgun he has to ask permission to take across state lines, just to save $150 (or less) in 922r parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.