Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saiga conversion USA parts count

Feedback Score

Default saiga conversion USA parts count

how many parts need to be in a saiga to go 'evil' with no muzzlebrake on it, being stamped i'd think it was five parts but i'm not sure so thought i'd ask, i see tapco has a drop in M4 style stock an that counts as 2 and if you use USA made mags that's 3 parts there as well which would give ya the 5

or is it 6..............

3tc
    Feedback Score

Depends on the gun
    The important thing is less than 10 imported parts.For the Saiga its five USA made parts.
    Check out the Saiga BIY section.
    And happy conversion.Is it a 12?

Parts count on saigas - forum.Saiga-12.com

What can you do to a Saiga? - forum.Saiga-12.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 3tc View Post
    Depends on the gun
    The important thing is less than 10 imported parts.For the Saiga its five USA made parts.
    Check out the Saiga BIY section.
    And happy conversion.Is it a 12?

Parts count on saigas - forum.Saiga-12.com

What can you do to a Saiga? - forum.Saiga-12.com
    Actually, it's 4 parts for a factory Saiga rifle, and 3 for a Saiga shotty w/o a choke (4 with a choke).

3tc
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Actually, it's 4 parts for a factory Saiga rifle, and 3 for a Saiga shotty w/o a choke (4 with a choke).
    Both the rifle and "shotty" have 14 imported parts.
    If he has an old shotgun(all 12s now are coming with a threaded barrel) then he has 13 imported parts
    You must have forgot that hes adding a PG.

He does say no muzzle brake .As long as its not threaded he will need 4.
    Seein how he is going to go with a stock he must replace the PG ,might as well go American making the parts count 5.I would sugest however counting on the trigger group as the 3 parts rather than a mag that must be removed to to be loaded ,leaving your gun in a non compliant state for a few moments..
    Go with 5 not counting the mag.
    Or try and talk sense into the BATFE officer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Assumeing you allready know how to shorten the mag catch and make and install a boolit ramp?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Both the rifle and "shotty" have 14 imported parts.
    If he has an old shotgun(all 12s now are coming with a threaded barrel) then he has 13 imported parts
    You must have forgot that hes adding a PG.
    No, I'm not assuming the next person to read this is gonna do a pistol grip conversion.

( psst, not everyone slaps a pistol grip on their Saiga when they add US parts )

3tc
    Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    No, I'm not assuming the next person to read this is gonna do a pistol grip conversion.

( psst, not everyone slaps a pistol grip on their Saiga when they add US parts )

O sorry ,I thought you read the title of the thread"saiga conversion USA parts count"
    Or maybe you just didnt realize that a "saiga conversion"Is the addition of a PG....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

O sorry ,I thought you read the title of the thread"saiga conversion USA parts count"
    Or maybe you just didnt realize that a "saiga conversion"Is the addition of a PG....

Well I'd say a PG(and FCG) is the likely general consensus for many but "conversion" could also apply to only the front end change as well, or adding a muzzle attachment, some aftermarket style furniture, or just the original foreign furniture.

Some folks think optic mounts, Ulitimaks, & related add-ons are part of the equation.

I'm not the expert gunsmith by any means but from my observations the biggest mistake that folks make in discussing the parts count is :
    its NOT what you ADD- rather, its simply a total parts count based upon what the weapon has on it (or has put on it). The simple act of "adding" US parts to the weapon means squadoosh. Ya gotta count up how many of those evil foreign things are left ;-)

Cheers, HarvKY

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I wish you guy's would STOP posting about the Saiga 12's .................................
    Or I'm going to have to call in the morning & get me one.. IF Scott has any left I guess.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

3tc
    Feedback Score

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by HarvKY View Post
    Well I'd say a PG(and FCG) is the likely general consensus for many but "conversion" could also apply to only the front end change as well, or adding a muzzle attachment, some aftermarket style furniture, or just the original foreign furniture.

Some folks think optic mounts, Ulitimaks, & related add-ons are part of the equation.

I'm not the expert gunsmith by any means but from my observations the biggest mistake that folks make in discussing the parts count is :
    its NOT what you ADD- rather, its simply a total parts count based upon what the weapon has on it (or has put on it). The simple act of "adding" US parts to the weapon means squadoosh. Ya gotta count up how many of those evil foreign things are left ;-)

Cheers, HarvKY
    With a Saiga "conversion " means PG.
    He clearly states "no muzzle attachment".
    Furniture ,does not make it a converted gun.
    Maybe you would get better answers if this post was under the Saiga section.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.