Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: US made Saiga 12 Side folder flat and rails

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Default US made Saiga 12 Side folder flat and rails

Guys,
    I hit Curtis up on yet another adventure like the AMMS Flat & rails group buy I did some time back. I suggested that there may be interest in a US made flat that is set up for the Bulgy or Russian side folder. Dont have any idea what the cost would be, and it would depend on demand. I would also provide a barrel removal service, as this is going to take a different tool to press out safely. Post you interest here, and spread the word!

Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

The K-Var parts are US made also.

Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

You know I love DPH and their products, but I'm just not sure about this one.

I'm going to play the Devil's advocate here.
    How would we bend them? With the 1.5mm wall thickness, they're not going to work in a standard jig. How do we get the barrel back in if it requires special tools, after it's bent we can only send it to an FFL. Wouldn't it be much easier to mod the existing receiver for the folder?
    If kits ever showed up, it would be a different story. But I just don't see a call for these at the present time. Maybe I'm way off base here, but that is my opinion.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rbthntr64 View Post
    The K-Var parts are US made also.

Kvar is out of stock on these....You got any?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rbthntr64 View Post

What are those parts on the left side of the pic? (anyone can answer that for me)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

They are the stock catch parts that are used on Saiga12s

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks

So you can't use the regular latch on an S12?(The one in the pic above the stock)
    If that's so, then that sucks, I already got that stuff on the right.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Thanks

So you can't use the regular latch on an S12?(The one in the pic above the stock)
    If that's so, then that sucks, I already got that stuff on the right.
    Correct, you need the S12 version of those parts. You must drill the receiver for the retainer pin and slot in a location unique to the S12. No one *ever* has those parts in stock. Oleg @ rusmilitary.com is your best bet on finding the factory parts.

I plan (eventually) to make my own. It is after all only a metal latch...

The spring is essentially a 2x long disconnector spring. It can be found from various parts places like MSC. The factory stock apparently has a hole that the spring partially sits in. I haven't looked at mine that close to see if it is there already, or if I need to drill the plastic.

A lathe can make the shorty retainer pin. No magic there.

Ditto for the spring steel (?) special E-clip. Could probably just use a standard E-clip, however I haven't looked to see if the "tabbed" E-clips are available at any place like MSC or McMaster.

Comparison pic I found somewhere showing the "standard" AK-100 style latch on the left, S12 style latch on the right:

Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Someone want to step forward to make some sets of the fwd latch hardware for the S12? There's a market for them now. If not anyone have the dimensions for the parts ?? Rusmilitary has been out of stock for quite a while.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Keep in mind that the Russian sidefolder used on the Saiga 12 series is their 5mm pin as opposed to the common (available from K-var) 4.5mm pin.

These fold at different angles, so differing measurements would be required.

Illya, I looked at having the catches made but it was cost prohibitive. I'll probably make one or two for myself at some point, but a limited production run would be out of the question.

-myers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.