Gunco Forums banner

Side folder info, w/links

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  SA58 
#1 ·
I don't want to upset anyone that did the work so I'm posting links to Saiga12.com.

After it was discussed in another thread about the Russian style side folder I did some searching and found some good info.
It appears the standard AK100 rear trunion can be used with minor mods, clearance for the bolt carrier, and the front locking hook can be made but still looking for dimensions of that.

This thread shows good detail of the conversion, he used mostly Russian parts but you'll find great info and pics, also shows what mods are needed to the AK100 rear trunion (post# 53).
sKott's Saiga 12-C Conversion - forum.Saiga-12.com

This one was done with an ak100 triangle side folder and a home made front latch made from aluminum.
My S12 write-up - forum.Saiga-12.com

I'll post more info when I find it.

#4 ·
You welcome PatJ, I got the stock & rear trunnion assembly already, just need the front hook thing that hold the stock in the folded position.

I don't think Scott is doing anything for the 12C style side folder, the main thing I need to find is info on the front hook (by the trunnion), they are impossible to find and it seems like no one wants to give up any info about it.

#11 ·
I looked around a little but it looks like the normal places are out, even the place you got that pic (guessing on that), maybe put up a WTB ad on here and any other forum you belong to.

#16 ·
Hey Kim, You can do it but it requires some work. notice the links that Coils posted they provide the info on doing the conversion. Also I was told that steelcore on the Akforum knows how to do the conversion from 4.5 to 5.5 mm pins on the bulgy trunnion to allow for russian stocks. I think Ak_nut told me that so if steel core doesn't know what you are taking about check with Ak_nut.
Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.