Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saiga 12 TG question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Saiga 12 TG question

So....If I'm NOT comfortable drilling and welding on my own weapon,nor have any equipment to do so, who would you recommend that can fix it up? I've put this off for FAR too long...

Thanks,

J

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

This makes it super easy. Why waste money when you can do it your self ;-)

Saiga 12 Conversion Drilling Guide

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    This makes it super easy. Why waste money when you can do it your self ;-)

Saiga 12 Conversion Drilling Guide

PatJ

Thanks for the quick response, however I would RATHER pay someone to do this . First, I dont trust my "homebuild" skills especially on a several hundred dollar firearm. Finally, Id rather pay someone for the headache. I dont have ANY leave time.... so that makes the decision easy.

Thanks, Tho

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

LISTEN its really easy. there are only 3 rivets on the tg. get a $5 carbide dremel bit and gently whittle away at those little rivets. it will take you less that 10 minutes. you CANNOT hurt anything. dont even bother with the oem tg. go to carolina shooters ad get the bolt on tg. this is the most difficult part of the whole process. there is nothing to drill. the bolt on uses the factory holes.

the 2 pins holding the oem trigger in place are hand drill simple.

i had my kid do one when he was 15. he was nervous but he managed just fine. a basic conversion doesnt require any welding. there are plastic plugs at home depot that will fill the old trigger holes and its not really necessary. you can be completely finished in less than an hour.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

What he said!
    If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Go for it, You have plenty of help here if you need it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I purchased a trigger guard from Brownells, RAM S12TG, and there is no drilling any holes in the rec. It uses existing holes and the guard uses screws intead of rivets. It even has the pistol grip mount built in. Easiest thing I've ever done. And its rock solid. SAIGA 12 OVERSIZED TRIGGERGUARD | Brownells
    Last edited by mtdew; 06-18-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: changed words to make more sense
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

yeah what they said x100 ..... its simple and painless to the pocket book .....

just a little time ( an hour max ) and you can take on the neighborhood 2 liter cola bottles in no time .... =)

it ll also build a little self confidence and learning about your item ....

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I purchased a trigger guard from Brownells, RAM S12TG,
    That looks decent.
    But I'm going to suggest getting better mounting hardware, those screws look like the low grade stuff you find in any hardware store, get some button head screws they are grade 8 and will look a lot better too.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have to agree with Coils. I'd go to Fastanel, or one of those type distributors for hardware. Hardware store screws might be OK for trigger guards and the like,, but don't scrimp on something you are going to use in a high stress areas, like trunnions. Not worth the 50 cents overall you'll save, get them from Brownells, Midway AK builder or a top end hardware distributor instead that handles quality stuff. The Aubuchon Hardware stuff is all Chinese and iffy as far as quality control and tempering goes, even the threads are chit sometimes, and very poorly cut, IMO,, junk.

If you don't believe me just try this simple test, take a quality screw/bolt and a cheap hardware store one and torque them with a inch pound torque wrench till they break,Even grade 8's, then you tell me which is stronger. Honestly,, how much do you think you will you save? Seriously,,after all what are a half dozen screws going to cost anyhoo,, is it worth the chance??? I don't think so myself. A quality job always pays for itself in the long run. Even if only for piece of mind,, if nothing else.

I put one of the Brownells trigger guards on a buds Sagia for him and it could not have been simpler. Even riveted like I did it was a snap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.