Thread: S-12 and S-308 conversions

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default S-12 and S-308 conversions

My Saiga 12 work in progress. Standard 19" Saiga converted with Curtis' parts, SGM forend, Mako recoil reducing stock, Tapco G2, SAW grip, and piston, Krebs sights, DPH Phantom flash hider, and a Tapco VFG for easier handling with the MD-20 drum. I polished the internals for smoother function, and the cheek pad is made from a piece of mouse pad. I'm probably going to end up with different furniture when all is said and done, since the shortcomings of what is currently installed are becoming apparent. I may switch to a rigid buttstock since I think the MAKO might be part of the reason I am having to adjust the MD arms gas plug to the #3 setting to reliably function with 3" buckshot. I also don't normally care for VFGs, but using the drum almost requires it.

I made my own US floorplates out of .080" aircraft aluminum. I didn't really need them for parts count, but I wanted something that would be easy to color code to match the hulls I am using for my handloads. This way I can easily differentiate between a mag filled with slugs, and one with buckshot even when they are inserted in a magazine pouch upside down.

.308 Saiganov, converted from a 16" unit using Choate stock, RSA trigger group, and the original trigger guard riveted and spot welded in place. I'm not sure that I care for the Russian scope, and may eventually replace it with a Leupold or something on a side mount that centers it over the bore axis. I installed a standard Mojo rear sight as a backup to the scope. With plain Federal 180 grain hunting ammo it will shoot under 2" at 100 yards; I have some handloads using 165 grain Ballistic Tips that I'm looking forward to trying. The FBMG magazines are okay, but I wish I'd known that CSSPECS would be coming out with his metal magazines, because I'd have bought those instead. At some point I'd like to move the FSB back and thread the barrel for some sort of brake or flash hider.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thought I would update this with a picture of the S-12 with the new stock I built for it:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

A more current picture of the .308 with the new optics setup, Werewolf stock, and a Brownells' Latigo Sling:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Here's another picture of the S-12 with the stock folded, and the ZIB (Zombie Interdiction Bag) that I set up for magazines (modified Suarez TIB). I have both of these stocks available for purchase now, if anybody is interested.
    http://www.boomsticksforever.com/
    Specializing in hand-built modular stocks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I don't know what the freaking problem is, but I STILL can't see any of your pics! This is frustrating. I can see any other picture on this site, but yours. Very strange. Oh well, sorry to get off topic.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

That is strange. Have you tried accessing them through a different network? It's possible that my server is blocked if you are trying to get at them through an employer's site. Odd that "gunco.net" wouldn't also be blocked though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

2 nice conversions.
    I like your skeleton stock design.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks.

2ndamendican... One thing just occurred to me on the pictures.... The pictures in this thread are hosted at two different domains. Some of them are on my business site, the others from my personal site at a .org domain. Same hosting service, but still... That's just weird that you can't see any of them.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.