Thread: saiga scope rail

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default saiga scope rail

saw this at CFS looks really fermilular. hmmm what is the differance between this and one that fits a regualr AK like a rommy,

Picatinny Rail for Saiga Part #SAI-PICRAIL

why wont this fit a Rommy??

I think there plastic????/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am interested in the same rail. How does it mount on the front? Does it just hook onto the tang of the rear site?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

These do not snap into the AKM rear sight base like the ones that DPHarms were selling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    These do not snap into the AKM rear sight base like the ones that DPHarms were selling.
    Then how do they mount? Can someone elaborate?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'd also wonder how sturdy it is, I'm sure it's plastic.

I went to Surefire's site to see what info there is, well their site sucks, it only has part #s and prices for most of the stuff.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

They are not worth your trouble. I ordered two from CFS. Sent them back the same day I received them. Not very strong at all. Made out of plastic, and just to weak to hold your scope on 0.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Gunpowder Addict luvmysaiga.308's Avatar
    Feedback Score

There is a pawn shop in Deer Park, Washington that has a bolt cover with a rail welded to the top. All metal. I've got one on my rifle and never had a problem with it. I think it was $40.00.. Double Eagle Pawn is the name of the place. You might want to check it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy t View Post
    They are not worth your trouble. I ordered two from CFS. Sent them back the same day I received them. Not very strong at all. Made out of plastic, and just to weak to hold your scope on 0.
    I have them for both my .308 rifle and my 12ga shotgun. They both work well for me. However, just like the mags, they need a little work to fit properly.

When mounted the rear hole that matches up with the rear top stock hole doesn't match up and is off by about 1/8th inch. I remedied this by slotting the hole sligtly. To make sure it centers properly, I used a larger countersunk screw to hold it in place. The screw is a 1/4x20 machine screw so I installed a 1/4x20 screw insert into the stock instead of using the wood screws that came with the gun.

Despite the flex when using a heavy optic, the rail amazingly holds zero quite well. I get 3-4MOA on my .308 and I get 4 - 6in shot groups using slugs on the 12ga.

To answer some questions: The rifle rail replaces the rear sight leaf and pins into the same hole as the rear site leaf. The shotgun rail has a new dovetail that replaces the rear sight dove tail. The new dovetail has a screw hole in it to mount the front of the rail.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.