Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LA RUE REDDOT SIGHT MOUNT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default LA RUE REDDOT SIGHT MOUNT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

that does look kind of cool.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I think it's a good idea.
    I just don't like the price, it might be worth it though.
    Price for the complete system is $285.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM THINKING A LITTLE MILL WORK AND A CHEAPER RED DOT COULD BE MADE TO WORK ON A SIMULAR HOME MADE MOUNT FOR UNDER $50. THE BURRIS LOOKS TO BE THE THE LOWEST PROFILE IN MY BOOKS. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE COWITNESS OF THE THE ORIGINAL SIGHT IN FACT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE/NOT INSTALL THE FRONT SIGHT.

NATCHEZZES HAS THE BURRIS OPTIC FOR $170 THAT MEANS THEY ARE GETTING AROUND $110 FOR THE MOUNT ITSELF.

Feedback Score

I don't mind the price. I do wish tho, it had a smaller dot than 4 moa.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yes a 2 moa would be better, this rig is optimum @ 50 yds or less. very fast to get on target, great for low light condition. Dot sight has built in intensity and suits me very well in this regard, in dark condition the dot flashes about 2 times a second I would not have thought I would like that, but after trying it I like it better than a constant light. La Rue in addition to the mount, has made a protective cover cover for the Burris optic to help protect it. When you see a picture of it you are acually seeing the protective aluminium cover not the dot site. The protective hood is secured to the sight base with 4 screws. I have also found that it is possible to remove the action cover without removing the locking bar and tipping the optic and base up as the instructions say. I have it on a Romy G so this might not be the same for all AK's All in all I am pleased with this sight system, very light weight, very well made.
    He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

Feedback Score

Everything I have ever bought from Larue has been top notch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Excellent idea, design and price point IMO. I've been watching this rollout and been hoping the reviews would be really good - can't afford to put micro aimpoints on several guns!

Initial reviews I've read were pretty positive in most regards (I don't pay attention to generic rants and broad blanket statements about products).
    Have been waiting for some more specific feedback after the units have been in use awhile - let others be the guniea pig right ;-)
    Recently saw a rather negative review of the unit by someone so I'm still holding off getting one.
    Has anyone else seen, or know of anyone who has been running one of these to any degree?

I know its not going to withstand river crossings or buried in mud, and I dont plan on betting my life on one in the Middle East, but a nice affordable dot for practice and general use/defense would be nice.

Cheers to all

HarvKY

Feedback Score

This is one of the best reports I could find on the Iron Dot.

My review and first range report of the LT AK IronDot

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

a lot of these are going up for sale on the various equipment exchanges. i'm guesing they aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.