Thread: Saiga site rails & mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Saiga site rails & mount

I've been looking at various site rails and mounts for both Saiga 12 and .308. The new Beryl mount from DPH Arms looks good. Their new one that does not require removing of the rear site leaf is nice but $175! They have another one that requires removal of the rear sit leaf that is just $69. However the description of the newer Beryl mount says it can be mounted on Saigas but the cheaper one does not. Does anyone know if the less expensive Beryl mount from DPH will mount on a Saiga .308 with out any problems?

Also, I have looked at various other rails that mount on the stock side rails. Are those any good? They're certainly a lot less.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I saw today that Surefire makes a Beryl type mount as well and is much cheaper. Of course its not made out of aluminum but that Dupont plastic. So far the Beryl mounts I've seen are for the Saiga rifles but Surefire has one for the Saiga 12. Can anyone explain how it mounts on the Saiga 12? The rifle mounts uses the rear site leaf but there isn't a rear site leaf on the Saiga 12 just a little tang. Does it screw on or hook on that tang? Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to outfit my Saigas without breaking the bank.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

They have another one that requires removal of the rear sit leaf that is just $69. However the description of the newer Beryl mount says it can be mounted on Saigas but the cheaper one does not.
    Most of the Siaga rifles don't have a rear sight like an AK, these $69 mounts mount in the AK rear sight holes. There might also be a length issue but I'm guessing on that without measuring.

Also, I have looked at various other rails that mount on the stock side rails. Are those any good?
    Yes, most of them are made very well. I know your looking for low cost but original AK military side mounts will also work on the Siaga side mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Most of the Siaga rifles don't have a rear sight like an AK, these $69 mounts mount in the AK rear sight holes. There might also be a length issue but I'm guessing on that without measuring.

Maybe I'm misreading the above? but the Saiga rifles DO have AK sights, its just a 300m leaf as opposed to 800 or 1000.

As far as your mounting options, it would help to know what optic you are interested in.

HarvKY

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Maybe I'm misreading the above? but the Saiga rifles DO have AK sights, its just a 300m leaf as opposed to 800 or 1000.
    My mistake, I thought it was only the 7.62x39 modlels that had the ak style rear sight, I was thinking the others had the shotgun style sight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HarvKY - I'm looking to mount something like a small Aimpoint / Eotech with a FTS magnifier for th rifle and an Aimpoint Micro for the shotgun. Does the side mounted rail have enough room for both the site and magnifier?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.