Gunco Forums banner

100mw green laser range video

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  bellson 
#1 ·
we shot some video of the 100 mw green laser, the video is not that good but you can get an idea of how it works.

greenlaser

#8 ·
Can't see the video either.

From my experience in Iraq, I don't care for lasers.

Lasers work both ways. Everybody (the enemy) can see your beam, and they are going to fire at the source of the beam, which is YOU.

There's no better way to reveal your position than a nice bright trail of light leading back to YOU. Granted, you might get the guy your aiming at, but his buddy is going to take his wrath out on your "Shoot this way" gizmo.

#9 ·
There was a site on YouTube that showed how to make a 5mw into a 20
That was about a year ago.

#10 ·
I have never used a laser in combat, but I have played around enough with them to know that anything over 25mw will leave a trace through any dust, moisture, mist, etc.

If I was to consider using a laser, it would have to be with a pressure switch so that I could control the emission and limit my own exposure. I agree with the Iraq Vet who dislikes them for this reason, they can be a curse to the user as well. I do love them for range work....but I find that I become dependent on them for quick-shooting drills. So, as much as I like the lasers, I do not use them.

I have heard that some company is making an "invisible" beam unit for limited issue that requires a special set of glasses. But I would bet that those glasses could be procured by our enemies if this type of unit were widely issued. Simple threat-counter threat.

Too Bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.