Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M3 4 vs. Eotech 552 Military Sight -- and Cheap Alternatives?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Your welcome.
    But I'm no expert on the AimPoints, I've messed with a few but don't own any. I have an older Eotech I bought used, a Kobra and some cheap ones. I'd go either Eotech or AimPoint from what I've seen in that price range.

Feedback Score

You can't bore site if you can it willbe damn close (extra height w/ piston) , but you could probably laser bore site. I can't remember what scope I tried to one time and couldn't.

Feedback Score

I have been using an aim point comp m2 on my M1A for awhile now. It can be mounted lower for co-witness. I also used an aim point in Iraq and it worked flawlessly. took a beating, never had to replace the battery's and held zero.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have an Eotech 552 mounted on an AR, I also have a few Aimpoint Comp ML2's.

I think all in all I like the Aimpoint much better.

I bought a Burris fastfire and it broke the second time I turned it on....

Feedback Score

I went with the Eotec as it had the smallest MOA dot size for longer shots and is still fast with the ring around it.

Feedback Score

The EOtech and Aimpoint are both high quality electronic sights. You won't go wrong with either. That being said, I personally carry the EOtech on my patrol rifle because I prefer the reticle (65/1 moa). I find the the 65 moa gives me rapid target aquisition at CQB, and the 1 moa dot is great for longer distances. Additionally, on the M4 platform at least, the built in mount provides an easy co-witness with standard sights. If you want to get really slick, they make them with bullet drop compensators too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.