Gunco Forums banner

Tasco?

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  celticfire 
#1 ·
I have a Tasco A 58 3-9x32 that came on a rifle I bought. It states it was made in and inspected in Japan.

I hear all about the tasco bashing but Im just trying to find out if this is a decent enough scope to last two more seasons on a Mauser in 6mm and if it was one of the "decent" years of Tasco.

All opinions wanted.

#2 ·
i know a lot of people who like the "world class" tasco line.

i would not listen to the "experts" anyway as they are likely trying to sell you something.

if the scope has clear optics and holds zero why not use it?

the closest thing i have is an old old gibson 4x scope made in japan in the 70s which is still a pretty good scope.

#3 ·
I've had pretty good luck with tasco scopes. They're not in the same class as a $500 scope but then again they only cost a fraction of that. I've ended up selling all of the guns that I had a tasco mounted on, except for a red dot sight that I've had on an ar15 for the past 10 years. It was bounced around in a trunk for 8 years and serves double duty as a coyote gun. I can't remember ever having to rezero it.

#6 ·
I like my Tasco World Class scopes and have never had a problem losing zero. Years ago I had a cheaper Tasco on a lightweight 300 Win Mag that lost it's adjusting ability on elevation. I sent it in and they sent me a new one a few days later. I still buy Tasco scopes when I find them on sale.

#7 ·
I use them on my .22s and like them.
Pretty sure one of the big companies just bought them out.
For the price they are pretty darn good scopes. My .02.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.