Thread: Ghost rings?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Ghost rings?

For a number of years I have been considering building some ghost rings for some of my hand guns. I would like to build some ghost rings for my S&Ws,. and since I am cheap even several of my Rugers. Anyway here is where I kindly got the original idea off of, well not the original idea, but this guy has done what I have been wanting to do, so figured that he has basically made a blue print to be used. Does anyone else have any ideas on this , and/or have you made any of the ghost rings.

The RUGER One Hole Sight

One Ragged Hole
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I like the idea.Maybe a vary small I-bolt/screw?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Never seen that on a pistol before, looks interesting enough that I'd like to shoot something with it on just to see what it's like.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Never seen that on a pistol before, looks interesting enough that I'd like to shoot something with it on just to see what it's like.

I guess that I am going to have to get out my mic and try to see how thick of stock that the rear sight on my black hawk is, that looks like a fairly easy one to try. I think that perhaps a discarded piece off of a stainless steel butter knife blade would be the perfect size to work with, but need to mic out first to find out. Surely lots of people have thought of this idea and have at least contemplated doing something like this on this forum. We do know what size ragged shot uses, so it looks like to me that a .25 bit would be a perfect compromise, with a drill press and an angle grinder a guy should be able to build one in a few hours.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score

I haven't personaly shot pistol ghost rings, but I haven't heard any good things about them. I have a set on my shotgun, and it is awesome. However, there's about 5" of eye relief, followed by 20" of sight radius. This allows the ring to blur and the front sight to come into focus, which wouldn't happen on pistol sights. In the end, what's the benefit?

Feedback Score

Not on a pistol...

Ghost rings belong on a auto assault rifle.
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score

I Have seen some for glock before but never used them. That and I have seen these:

The HexSiteŽ Sighting System-Home of the Hexsite : Goshen Enterprises, Inc. : Sedona AZ

I'm not sure if it is snake oil but it looks like a good concept. Let us know what you come up with.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Hint:

Never send your wife out to pick up ghost rings for you. She will find these and get them and say, "they were cheaper!"

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.