Gunco Forums banner

advice on a target scope

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
hey everyone. I am looking to put a high power scope on my varmint AR rifle. right now I have a Barska varmint 10-40 x 50mm. I am going to be replacing this one specifically because on the high end of my magnification the image becomes blurry and washed out. I need recomendations on a repacement. a few that I were looking at were.

sightmark triple duty
Sightmark 10-40x56 Triple Duty Scope [SM13018] - $359.99 : Sightmark

mueller 8-32x44 side focus
Mueller 8-32×44 Side Focus (Black) • Mueller Optics

konus M30
Konus 7282 M30 Series - 8.5X-32X - 52mm

has anyone had any experience with these scopes? any other recomendations? I am specifically looking for something under $400 that will be crisp and focused at the maximum magnification.

thanks for your input

#2 ·
I've used the Konus before. Very clear optics. That said, remember with a variable power scope and reticle NOT in the FFP you will vary the point of aim by some amount when you vary the magnification.

On a personal note, anything above 12 - 14X and my heart beat interferes with the site picture. YMMV

#3 ·
I use Nikon's. From the low end too high end they work for my old eyes.
I still cant hit a damn thing but it aint the scopes fault. :)

#5 ·
I would steer clear of the sightmark, the other 2 scopes are Ok for budget scopes, If I had 2 choose between the 2 I would probably go with the Mueller, But like woodworker says. The SWFA super sniper is a scope that I personally own 3 of that I have had zero problems with and even won 1st place at our local 1000 yard matches with one, I have upgraded since then to higher end scopes, but the super sniper was on my AR-30 in 338 lapua at the time I won the match, so no problems handling recoil, and there is a lady at our matches that shoots a 50bmg with a super sniper on top. She has had no issues either. I use a Sako Trg in 338 now. The only drawback to the super snipers is they are a straight fixed power of 10, 16 or 20 they do have a new 3-9x42 also.

#7 ·
These three scopes are SWFA Super-Sniper on the 50BMG, Falcon Menace on the Remington and a WoTac on the Savage. Of the four scopes I've posted, the Falcon Menace is my favorite. Since that pic was taken, I've bought two more Falcons. 5.5x25x50 FFPs, I really like those.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.