Thread: advice on a target scope

Feedback Score

Default advice on a target scope

hey everyone. I am looking to put a high power scope on my varmint AR rifle. right now I have a Barska varmint 10-40 x 50mm. I am going to be replacing this one specifically because on the high end of my magnification the image becomes blurry and washed out. I need recomendations on a repacement. a few that I were looking at were.

sightmark triple duty
    Sightmark 10-40x56 Triple Duty Scope [SM13018] - $359.99 : Sightmark

mueller 8-32x44 side focus
    Mueller 8-3244 Side Focus (Black) • Mueller Optics

konus M30
    Konus 7282 M30 Series - 8.5X-32X - 52mm

has anyone had any experience with these scopes? any other recomendations? I am specifically looking for something under $400 that will be crisp and focused at the maximum magnification.

thanks for your input

jrs
    Feedback Score

I've used the Konus before. Very clear optics. That said, remember with a variable power scope and reticle NOT in the FFP you will vary the point of aim by some amount when you vary the magnification.

On a personal note, anything above 12 - 14X and my heart beat interferes with the site picture. YMMV
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I use Nikon's. From the low end too high end they work for my old eyes.
    I still cant hit a damn thing but it aint the scopes fault.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Default Sniper Central scope reviews

Sniper Central has reviewed several brands of scopes, and published the results. There are several decent scopes available that are not too expensive.
    Sniper Central - Scope Reviews

A "best buy" are the Merlin and Menace lines from Falcon Optics (made in England). Another line worth looking into is SWFA SWFA Riflescopes SWFA SS Rifle Scopes SWFA SS Scopes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would steer clear of the sightmark, the other 2 scopes are Ok for budget scopes, If I had 2 choose between the 2 I would probably go with the Mueller, But like woodworker says. The SWFA super sniper is a scope that I personally own 3 of that I have had zero problems with and even won 1st place at our local 1000 yard matches with one, I have upgraded since then to higher end scopes, but the super sniper was on my AR-30 in 338 lapua at the time I won the match, so no problems handling recoil, and there is a lady at our matches that shoots a 50bmg with a super sniper on top. She has had no issues either. I use a Sako Trg in 338 now. The only drawback to the super snipers is they are a straight fixed power of 10, 16 or 20 they do have a new 3-9x42 also.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I have the Konus M30 on my 308 AR and have no complaints. The rifle is very accurate and the scope suits it well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

These three scopes are SWFA Super-Sniper on the 50BMG, Falcon Menace on the Remington and a WoTac on the Savage. Of the four scopes I've posted, the Falcon Menace is my favorite. Since that pic was taken, I've bought two more Falcons. 5.5x25x50 FFPs, I really like those.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

555th, What 50 upper is that, and how is the lower holding up?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    555th, What 50 upper is that, and how is the lower holding up?
    It's a Tacti-Lite upper. Lower is Double Star and still looks like a new one after 75 rnds.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.