Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights.....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Flashlights.....

Olight LED Flashlights Military & Tactical M20 M30 I10 I20 I25 T10 T15 T20 T25

Anyone tried or own one of these?
    Checked them out at a fun show.
    Incredible incredible bright beam.
    Shined in someones eyes in defensive use. They cannot see for at least 15 minutes.
    Guys displaying them told me too not shine it directly in my eyes. Just peek.
    Damn. I saw stars for the next 15 minutes.
    Think I am going too grab one.
    The larger one pictured, will for sure save you some ammo.
    Not a toy. One flash in someones eyes, their done.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Check out the Amazon site,they got them there for less I think, plus they have customer reviews to help you decide. I get most of my acessory stuff there for the most part and can recomend them highly. The olights are nice but most are huge, to big for a gun mount, unless you've gone ninja on us 4th, sorry, couldn't resist. I picked up a 190 lumin light /strobe that works pretty well and is small and reasonibly priced, I think it was like 54 bucks, it'll blind ya too. You guys have seen it on my CZ58 in my posts here. The switch is a bit easy to bump on, but I just added a stronger spring to it and mini ball milled the detent a bit and it's fine now, simple fix. Check out amazon ya might find what your looking for there cheaper, I've found that to be the case on several occasions. There a pretty good resorce. Super prices on optics too, even quality optics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Never heard of them but I am going to check them out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Good tip. Good prices thank you..
    Yeah the big light I put the link up for is nice.
    But I would have too hire someone too carry it for me.
    Come in handy as a club if the batteries go dead.
    Can you call that Amazon, or do you have too order off the computer?
    Thank you 4th.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If ya mount a flashlight to your rifle, make sure it's recoil rated. With most flashlights, the spring holding the batteries against the contact are not very strong, firing the gun makes the batts slam back and forth inside the tube. The bulb assembly might not like the recoil either.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What he said

And if your just looking for a basic defense light, go to Wally World and look at the new LED Mag-Lite, it's fairly small like the one you see mounted on a rifle (I doubt it's firearm rated) but it's really bright for about $20-25, I'd say it's about the same brightness as my Surefire that I paid almost 3x as much for.
    Look at this link, it's the top three, the XL series.
    MagliteŽ Product line
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

4th There is also the surefire E2D or the Fenix LD25 that are nice lights (and bright).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Some really good tips. Thank yall. Dont really want too mount it too any weapons.
    I want too blind the creeps out here at night. Kind of like they stared in the sun or a welding torch and drop too their knees in pain, while I talk too them.
    Me and my buddy "Killer" the pit bull, who really should have been born a poodle, work as a team.
    He barked the other night, went out and two creeps were out there.
    Snuck out and held them till the L.O.s showed up.
    You cant just go shooting at people out there at 3 a.m..
    But I want them on the ground blind, while I talk too them.

Feedback Score

Hi Guy's, here in the UK we do what I have found out is called " Spotlighting " as such we tend to need high powdered lamps. Until the resent LED boom in torches (what we call flashlights) we had to make do with either home made lamps or 1,000,000 cp incandescent lamps. The major draw back is the need to carry a heavy battery. These days I use a torch as most people do, now if you want a seriously high power torch (or flashlight) then the place to buy one is Dealextream.
    Yes they are from China but if you buy a basic WF501-b torch body and install an aspherical lens and smooth reflector, you will have a torch the size of a mini-mag light that will shine out to 200 yards, you could easily shoot a fox at 100 yards at night using one of these and I have used one on my .243" so recoil isn't an issue. Total cost for one of these (a guesstimate) is around $18 and trust me, not many torches will come near.
    I know it all seems to good to be true, especially if you factor a scope mount ($3 ish) and a pressure tail cap to fit near the trigger ($6 ish). I guess one mounted on a pistol would make for a very serious home defence set up, and the rubber scope mounts will fit on almost anything being secured with Velcro fasteners.

If anyone is interested, I'll search for the links to the kit you need to order, but trust me when I say that if you plan on buying a high powered torch, do try one of these first!! You can even buy RED led torches so your night vision is not effected.

John

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Thank you... Interesting too hear from you chaps across the waters.
    My buddy "English Mike" comes from across the way.
    Home on the Isle of Wright.
    Following your posts and the info on the "Torch" with interest.
    Welcome too the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.