Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Experience with Primary Arms Mini Red Dot???

Feedback Score

What optic did you go with?

Here is my PA Micro RD. I know the rifle is tacticooled out, but it's how I do things. I mix the young with the old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Brother, I'm sorry I missed this reply. Didn't see it here, but caught your reply on the UTG railed handguard thread. Thanks. It looks great. Hey if you're using it in a tactical manner, then it's not bad. To me it's only "tacticool" if you slap $2000.00 worth of accesories on a $500.00 rifle, that you NEVER use. LOL.

Thanks though for the info/pic. It's much appreciated. Semper Fi brother.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

do not know how i missed this thread I have two of these units they are great and can not beat the price, I went with the M-3 copy with the diffent rectiles that you can change, I don't know the battery life just yet and you can not use rechargable lithium batteries ( iI called primary on this) also you can't fit a IR filter on it, but again for the price and fast service this is a good back up or range scope
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Brother, I'm sorry I missed this reply. Didn't see it here, but caught your reply on the UTG railed handguard thread. Thanks. It looks great. Hey if you're using it in a tactical manner, then it's not bad. To me it's only "tacticool" if you slap $2000.00 worth of accesories on a $500.00 rifle, that you NEVER use. LOL.

Thanks though for the info/pic. It's much appreciated. Semper Fi brother.

Lol no it ended up being $300 on a $400 rifle. It is definitely fun to shoot though. I love my ARs but they have been sitting in the safe for some time know and my trusty AK has been coming out a lot more often. It hasn't jammed up on me once and you can't beat the ammo prices. One of my Higher end ARs doesnt like cheap ammo that much as the results are less than amazing. Hope you found what you were looking for in the optic though I love it and I can still look at it without buyer's remorse
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I just put a Bushnell red dot on my amd65. Ill put up a pic later. Havent even gotten to take it out yet.

I have noticed that a lot ARs dont seem to like cheap ammo. Mine hates wolf and tula. case temporarily becomes one with the chamber, via that shitty lacquer and steel case rim of the shell shearing off. almost every round. chews through brass (federal/pmc) like nobodies business.

Back on topic, my buddy just built an AR pistol, and he put a strikeforce on it, similiar to a PA red dot i guess, he likes it, say sits good for the price, but had to turn it around to keep it from being turned on?

Feedback Score

Check out the Vortex stuff. I have the Sparc and the Strikefire both work very well and won't break the bank.

Vortex Optics - Strikefire Red Dots

Feedback Score

I have a Votex SPARC on a RONI G1 and it holds up pretty well. The only complaint is the blue hue when looking through it, but it's not a very big complaint.

Mr. Posthumous, My buddy has a bushnell trophy on an amd as well and he loves it. I've heard thats another good sight for the $$$. I gotta give one of those a try sometime.

I definitely have become a big fan of Primary Arms though. Mine has been reliable for me and the only issue I have with it a strange desire to try out more of their products

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just a word of caution, I've had some bad reports about the Bushnell micro dots and it's clones, and lots of guys I know that have shops say the same, they've gotten allot back. There not holding up well , and I find them hard to see trough myself and you can't see the dot in full sunlight,,I guess that's the other common complaints I gather.

Can't say it's true, but just what I've heard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have a PA micro dot on a Alttero rear sight mount, 1/3 co-witness on one of my AKs and like it a lot for casual/range shooting.
    Decent accuracy and so far no problems.

I also have have 3 of the Bushnell Trophy Dot Sights.
    Not as light and compact as some of the newer red dots, but they are rugged, shock and weather proof, IMHO a good sight for the money.

The first one I bought I put on a hunting shotgun, after years of rough treatment, it is still going strong.
    I figured if it was tough enough to stand up to my hunting abuse and still work, it was a good choice for my AR and AK.

Shooter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got a tasco 30mm and a 42mm one on my turkey gun the 30 on a 22 pistol and they both have held up very well. The shotgun one I've had for 10 years or better and it still has the original battery and the 30mm, about a year younger and I just changed the battery this spring, so I guess battery life isn't an issue with them at all,,,,,,Shit,, They'll out live me at this point!!! And there very rugged, never had any issues at all and the one on the 12 ga has taken a beating through 10 years of turkey and duck hunting and it's on my VZ58 tac cooler, for now till I find just the right mini one I like.
    I did see one I really liked ,,,Acog I think it was,,but,,,, 300 something,,,YIKES, no thanks, it's for squirrels and such ,,,, not bad guys, I can live with a cheappy.

The ones I've got aren't compact by any means but fine for most hunting , full sun you'll sometimes loose the dot, but for my use it's not been an issue 99% of the time in the woods. I really like them for the most part.There super for turkey hunting and hunting in thick brush at close ranges. I'd like a "mini " one but heard to many bad things so far and can't seem to find one I can get quick sight picture through. Tired old eyes ya know. Then again it's kinda hard to tell when it's not mounted on something how well it comes to bare sense there so small. I'll wait till they perfect the cheaper mini's a bit.Not spending more for a sight than the gun, just for 22 plinking, just me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.