Thread: EOTech 512...

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Smile EOTech 512...

Anybody ever use the EOTech 512, or the 517? I have never used one and am looking into one for my Beryl clone. It seems that the Pols like them on their rifles. I have also been looking at the Aimpoint M2 red dot. I know that these are apples and oranges. The EOTech is a laser holograph and the Aimpoint is a red dot. Any ideas or personal experience with either of these optics? Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    will6970

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I have an eotech 400series on my AR, its great. I like it because when you "snap" the rifle up, with both eyes open, there is always a brightred reticle right there. And as long as you see the reticle, regardless of where it is in the window, it will hit what its aimed at.

Can't speak to the aimpoints, never got to play with one of those.

Feedback Score

I have an Eotech 512 on one of My ARs. I love the love it. Of the red Dots I have owned it is the easiest site for me to use. The large circle draws my eye to the center dot and for a shot on a fast moving target it is hard to beat. Down Side they eat Batteries faster than the Aimpoints, and sit higher. (FOr that Reason I use a Aimpoint H1 on My PS90) Honestly I dont think you can go Wrong with a Eotech.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I like it a lot, for the same reasons mentioned above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

I have used EOTechs before and I am quite a fan. I had an Aimpoint Micro T-1 for a couple weeks, but sold it and BOUGHT A GLOCK 26. That was my jab at the price point on Aimpoints. It is what it is a red dot. I personally think the EOTech provides more bang for the buck and is more diverse as an optic. I have used an Aimpoint PRO though and I must say that is pretty impressive but at the end of the day it's still just a red dot. The battery life on Aimpoints are is awesome, but I carry spare batteries with everything so I'm not too concerned with that factor. If I had to choose, EOTech all the way.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I second this EOTECH BLESSING recital.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

My most recent eotech had the glass delaminate. Profuse apologies and an almost immediate fix. If you want a magnified holo throw the side flip scope behind it. I have them on go to guns, hunting guns and work guns.

I have used an aimpoint and like them but always go back to the eotechs

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.