Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: all Eotechs created equal?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default all Eotechs created equal?

New to this type of sight, and want some advice. I like the concept and the style but do t wanna dump $600 into one and not like it. Would mount atop my Colt mp15.. if not this, any other suggestions!?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Also, I was told that certain Res dot systems offer a feature that keeps the dot from floating.g? Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly but I.suppose that wherever your eye is, the red dot is ON target??.
    Certain hunting Scopes call this "speed dot"..if this helps at all

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Some of the older guys have told me that the pixels mess with their eyes. This might be what you are referring too.

The model 512, I had 2 of them. I liked them but not enough to turn down the offer that I got for them. One thing that I found to be pretty cool was with the dot sighted at 100, if I held the bottom of the circle on the steel plate at 600, she'd ring almost everytime.

I don't know if they were designed that way or if it was a fluke but worked well.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Also, I was told that certain Res dot systems offer a feature that keeps the dot from floating.g? Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly but I.suppose that wherever your eye is, the red dot is ON target??.
    I think I know what you mean, I forget the proper name for it but I'm sure someone will give it.
    But basically while your looking into the sight and you move the rifle a little or your head and the dot appears to move a little (lets say to the left side), the round will still hit where the dot is.
    And yes, the Eotechs have this feature, that's one of the reasons for the cost.

These are very nice sights, I've seen them already with the glass cracked and they still functioned.
    Also do a google search on "fake Eotech", there are chinese knock offs that look like the real thing and only minor things help you id them
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

no they are not equal the 512's are not night vision compatable so i will pass, the 522's are, expect to pay through the nose. I see used ones for sale all the time at ar-15.com
    I picked up a few aimpoint m-4's over there a while back at a real good price, you have to check in twice a day
    snooze you lose
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've tried them in the past and liked them OK, but let mine go in a heart beat when someone offered me almost what I paid for it.

IMO there not worth the money unless your in the need of a sight that will hold up to doing daily assault missions,and this probably won't apply to you. I've found that a cheap 39-49 dollar Tasco red dot will do the same thing for the average Joe. I've had mine on several different guns and primarily use mine on my 12 ga turkey gun with maximum loads. I have had the same one for about 15 years and it has taken all the abuse of hunting and everything hunting conditions can hand out year after year with out a single failure. Hell I just changed the original battery just last year,,, WOW, now that's good battery life if you ask me!!!

There not as compact as the Eotech's, or as "Maul Ninja" correct as a them, but they work well and are available at a reasonable price. I for one wouldn't waist my bucks on a Eotech one, when the 30 or 40 mm Tasco's will do the same thing for the average guy.

But if you're part of the "L L Bean bunch,, that can only have top shelf stuff,,,,, go for it, it's your money. I'll stick to the tried and true Tasco red dots myself, nothing gets much more abuse than my turkey gun and it's used in conditions ranging from well below 0 degrees to pouring rain and 90 degrees,,, and everything in between,, and that's after bouncing around on the wheeler or getting dropped in the bottom of the boat a hundred times. Never had a single failure of any type with it yet in over 15 years, and if I do I'll just send it back under the lifetime warren-tee.

Aimpoints only have a year warren-tee on them and there repair cost are ridiculous besides, I have 2 of them that failed ,,, that I bought after the Tasco BTW,,, both failed within 3 years and they want more to repair them than I initially paid for them from the start,,, give me a break!! So I stay away from those myself, for those reasons,,just me.

That's just my 2 cents on them. Yes the Tasco is not a reflex sight per'sa but it will do the same job,,,just ask all the dead turkeys ,ducks and deer in this area , they didn't notice the difference!!!

Feedback Score

I like EOTechs But I would suggest the OPMOD from Optics Planet:

OPMOD EOTech EXPS 2 Holosights EXPS2-0 OPMOD/ EXPS2-2 OPMOD L3 Eotech Red Dot Scopes Limited Edition

Tehy are pretty good. They have the dual dot reticle that I am quite a fan of it's just me. They thing about EOTechs is they are all set up for different types of setups and shooting methods, but unless you follow them and know what each one excels at (which I admit I am no expert I just know what I know) you will be lossed in the sauce.

I am an optics whore though so I have tried many and just went with the Trijicon ACOG TA-31F on my favorite AR, but I would never wish the cost of that on anybody. If Battery life is of any interest might I suggest the Aimpoint PRO? Longer Battery Life, same function, less $$$.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

damn optics and batteries!

didn't alan jackson have a song about eotechs?

something about being carzy for a eo-techs! gona by me an eotech and movie on down the line!---LOL

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

if batteries are your concern and they can be!!! with these types of sights. go with the Mepro M-21 they do not require batteries, these are israeli, there troops use them.
    I have one set on my ar, this puppy works like a dream. I have others red dots ( aimpoints, primary arms M-3 clone, etc) but these are nice sights and they are relatively cheap, if a club member at sportsmans guide, you have a choice of reticles also
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mepro is def cool, Didnt know about that one, thanks for the tip!
    ACOG is CRAZY expensive, damn! Not sure if I need that much scope?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.