Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any decent budget binos out there?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak any decent budget binos out there?

i've been tempted to buy a pair of binoculars but there are so many types sizes and prices it if fricking mind boggling!

i have been sort of tempted to get a set of those BSA majestic BAK4 8x42s thinking they might be as good as this majestic scope i got glass wise-- --wish i had got um back when they were on sale @ BSA though.

other than that i have been eyeing the vortex diamondback binos-- only thing is they ain't cheap--

anybody have any luck with the cheaper binos or are they all junk?

these ain't for iraq now-- just to see what kind of birds are eating up my apple trees! so i don't need a $$$ kit--

Feedback Score

Ebay has a BSA 10X50mm shipped for 29.00 I have a BSA 8-24X50mm but can't find them on ebay or Natchez. Love 'em. 50mm is almost like night vision.
    Ebay also has Celestron 25X70 for less than $90.00 shipped.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well --looks like i stuck my neck out and ordered the BSA majestic 8x42s --

i have been having good luck with BSA lately maybe it will hold--

damn near ordered some of those 12x50 simmons that amazon had on sale for $49 --but i'm figuring that they may be hard to focus and with 12x there going to be a bit "shakey" --

now if i had long and green to burn-- those vortex diamondback 8.5x50s---LOL! but $50 is closer to what i can spend than $250--

but hey some people say the $250 glass IS the cheap glass? wfh?--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default J4 get a good set..

Zeiss
    Zeiss 10x56 T* RF Victory, Waterproof Roof Prism Binocular with 6.3 Degree Angle of View & Built-in Laser Rangefinder, U.S.A.
    http://www.adorama.com/ZS1056VBR.htm...ource=dealtime

Our Price
    $3,299.99

Free Shipping (USA)$ Kind of a good deal this week.. You get a battery, leather case and carry strap.. I use them for bird watching and watching the chick two streets over cut her lawn in a string bathing suit..
    Think the free shipping and battery bonus is going to end soon, so I would not wait..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Don't know if you're looking for compact ones or full size ones J4?

I've got a set of compact Minolta's ,,10x20 5.8' FOV ,,that are the bomb and great for hunting use where light weight is a factor. Very good optics, and the best I've found so far in any compact models, I love them. The strap sucks, but it has held up for 8-10 years so far, which surprised me buy looking at them. They would be my recommendation in compacts.

It's damn hard to beat some surplus Navy ones though if you can find a set, but there big, but OH BOY are they're SUPER nice if size isn't an issue. You can damn near read the small print on a box label at 600 paces,,, there incredible. One of my buds has a set for the range and there as clear as a bell and you can see stuff 10 country miles away!!!! I think he said he paid 75-100 bucks for them at a local surplus store. That would be the best option in a full sized set IMO, if ya can find some .

Those Minolta's seem to be the very best compacts I've ever run into ,,unless you want to spent a pile of $$$. And the big Navy surplus ones,,,Incredibly awesome! Just big!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

unfortunatly i spent all my $$$ on the important things in life, wild woman, partys, and booz- oh and least i forget AMMO!!

-now all i can afford is the cheap shit!--

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Zeiss
    Zeiss 10x56 T* RF Victory, Waterproof Roof Prism Binocular with 6.3 Degree Angle of View & Built-in Laser Rangefinder, U.S.A.
    http://www.adorama.com/ZS1056VBR.htm...ource=dealtime

Our Price
    $3,299.99

Free Shipping (USA)$ Kind of a good deal this week.. You get a battery, leather case and carry strap.. I use them for bird watching and watching the chick two streets over cut her lawn in a string bathing suit..
    Think the free shipping and battery bonus is going to end soon, so I would not wait..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea those are quite nice , vortex makes a similar model -- they ain't real expensive either , i think thir mostly for sporting events and such? i more into the big glass like 43-50mm, BAK4, low power like 8x to scan dusk and dawn for critters--damn nearly got the 50mm simmons --if they had been 8x i might have tried them too.

i would like to find some real navy glass surplus somewhere--that is a good idea!

i really like those vortex diamondback 50mms --only thing is their $240

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Don't know if you're looking for compact ones or full size ones J4?

I've got a set of compact Minolta's ,,10x20 5.8' FOV ,,that are the bomb and great for hunting use where light weight is a factor. Very good optics, and the best I've found so far in any compact models, I love them. The strap sucks, but it has held up for 8-10 years so far, which surprised me buy looking at them. They would be my recommendation in compacts.

It's damn hard to beat some surplus Navy ones though if you can find a set, but there big, but OH BOY are they're SUPER nice if size isn't an issue. You can damn near read the small print on a box label at 600 paces,,, there incredible. One of my buds has a set for the range and there as clear as a bell and you can see stuff 10 country miles away!!!! I think he said he paid 75-100 bucks for them at a local surplus store. That would be the best option in a full sized set IMO, if ya can find some .

Those Minolta's seem to be the very best compacts I've ever run into ,,unless you want to spent a pile of $$$. And the big Navy surplus ones,,,Incredibly awesome! Just big!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Optics Planet had a couple good sales recently and coupon for an additional 15% off (and free shipping for a few days). I suspect with BF coming up there will be more deals soon. I got a coupel binos myself and one "cheap" compact Leupold on sale (very nice) for under $100 a couple years ago. Problem is I had Lasik on my eyes a few years ago and it's hard to focus specifically for each eye anyway (even with separate eye adjustments). With BF coming up it ma be a good time to be looking for these things.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Well, see you made your decision already and i have seen this too late.
    For birdwatching (as it is my hobby) if it is a small budget, i always suggest folks to buy a Nikon of 40 power. Nikon ProStaff, Aculon or Action. You cannot beat the what you get for the money. All these mentioned, in 8x40 or 42, are in the $80 to $180 range. Waterproof, shockproof, fogproof...
    Anyway, good luck with them BSA's, i'm pretty sure they will serve you well also.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i'll be keeping an eye out for a deal on some of the nikons too.

though i prefer vortex im all ways game for a good deal even if it ain't my brand -- if a pair of monarchs came along at a good price i would probably slap down the plastic.

things have really changed in the optical world since the last time i bought binos --like 10,000 types from $20 to $15,000 --LOL

several of the newer brands look good the alpen shasta ridge --looks just like the vortex diamondback! and konus and hawk look to have some decent "budget' type glass .

i think that is the problem too many binoculars priced all over the place--

it ain't like i don't have time to "scope out a deal"--

like BB said there will probably be some big sales between now and X_mas and i like to shop the return rack too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.