Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Experience w/ Yukon NVG??

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Default Any Experience w/ Yukon NVG??

Kind of half heartedly looking at this unit: http://www.amazon.com/Yukon-YK25025-...ords=yukon+nvg

Anyone have any first hand experience with the brand or model specifically? The reviews seem decent on Amazon. Basic unit for basic stuff.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

they got all kinds of stuff on the market , NVG usually goes by generation --there is 1,2 and 3 generation stuff out there.

now if i had 20 year old eyes i woudn't need the shit-- but i digress---

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Yeah I think the one I was looking at is Gen 1+. I just don't have the money to get Gen 3 stuff.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have no experience with that particular model, but a friend has the same brand in a different model, a monocular I think and it's only so-so. Gen 1 technology leaves a but to be desired. As you guys point out gen 2-and 3's can get spendy,,,REAL FAST!!!! His father has a gen 2 bino set up that's much better,, but 3 times the price!! It seems the price's go up accordingly as the gen series go up each notch,,drastically.

But defiantly worth saving for IMO,, if you feel you MUST have night vision gear. And the Gen 2 & 3's are so much more clear and bright there's no comparison.

The Gen 1's work, but there hard for me to use, to be honest and I find I have to "search" more sense there so dim and seem fuzzy. But then again,,,I got tired old eyes,,

I guy that I somewhat know has a local yottie hunting club and he has a,,sorry don't remember what brand it was right now,,,but anyways it's a pretty fancy Gen 3 with a infra red range finder, image stabilization and all kinds of other neat features ,,,,, that frigging thing is just amazing !!! $4800-5800 or something like that I think he said it was??

DAMN BETTER WELL BE ,AMAZING,,FOR THAT MUCH JINGLE!!!! OUCH!!!

Myself I don't have one but I've been conned into a few yottie hunts by guys I know in that club. They've let me use some of there spare set up's, so I have used them,,, some,,6-8 different times maybe? So I'm no expert, but just some of my observations on the different type stuff and ones I've been loaned and seen being used for those hunts. Some are incredible,,with the price tag to go with it,of course and some just so-so.

From what I've been told, expect to drop about 1400-1600+ for something decently priced that works pretty effectively. Some of these guys are pretty die hard night hunters and they have some pretty fancy gear,,it's way out my price range though!!

From my limited experience I'd say save up for at least a Gen 2 if ya can,,but that's just a unqualified opinion.

Feedback Score

I've tried a few NV setups before. If thats a Gen 1 dont expect much out of it. I've never seen a cheap one that you could see farther than 20 or 25 yds. in an open field. A little bit of canopy in the woods you can forget it. Even the expensive ones aint worth the money in the woods. IMHO
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Boy Ken3030 ,I don't remember what brand these yottie hunters are using that I talked about earlier but we're shooting yotties with them @ 5-600yards in pitch black,,no problems at all,,most I have seen have infrared illumination on them though, so that may be the difference. Like I said,, I don't know much about them, not having one.

As I said before, the ones these guys have are the high end models with a serious price tag to go with it, so good ones,, are out there. Ya just got to pay through the nose for a good one !!!

It would be a cold day in Hell before spent 5K on a scope though, if I was 25 and not bunged up,,,maybe. But for me,,,it ain't going to happen. I could never justify the price for as much as I would be able to use it.

DAMN THIS OLD BONES CHIT!!!!!

Hell I'm still recuperating from hunting yesterday in the mountains, I'm hobbling around like Quasi-Motto right now and needed to take a break today, hiking those hills yesterday, really kicked my ass . Hunting those yotties around here is pretty physically demanding in this area. Not like out West where you can get those long shots along fields, that you can drive around and do a spot and stalk,, it requires lots of woods running in the dark around here to get a crack at um, not an easy sport at all , in this area.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

in europe they hunt at night with conventional scopes . they don't seem to require much light at all- only thing is they ain't cheap either.

$3K will buy a lot of illumination flares--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

in europe they hunt at night with conventional scopes . they don't seem to require much light at all- only thing is they ain't cheap either.

$3K will buy a lot of illumination flares--LOL!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here is a big (very pic heavy) comparison of many Gen 3, 2, 1 scopes in multiple varied light conditions. It was put together by TNVC a seller of pricey gear - so I'm sure their Gen 1 images are way worse than many I have seen myself first hand.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_209/203259_.html
    1st Gen units are very low-res/fuzzy, but do work ok in many situations where there is a fair amount of ambienet light and short distances. In dark, forested or rural dark sky areas without a good moonlight or a separate IR illuminator you do get very little performance.
    - Here is a Youtube video:
    - Reviews at OpticsPlanet: http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...4x50-nvmt.html
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Thanks Rocster, and everyone else. I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.