Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Strike Fire Red Dot ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default Vortex Strike Fire Red Dot ?

Can anyone give me some basic info on these?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...scope-for-ar15
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is a 1x magnification red dot type of optic, it uses those small hearing aid/watch type of batteries not the cr 2032 that all those "cheap optics" use.

being it is a vortex i suspect it has some very good glass and will be very good optically. it also has plenty of adjustments for W-E-

vortex has the best warranty in the optics biz bar none.

PA sells a "clone" of this that is pretty good for about 1/2 the vortex price. it has more options on the sight picture like circle dot cross 3-moa 5 moa ect--

the PA comes in red only. the vortex has red and green --i have kinda been spoiled to the green option over the years.

that vortex is sometimes found on sale for about $160. +/- now i don't know if it is made in china or the PIs

i keep saying i am going to buy one --but my eyes have shifted so i like scopes with "fast focus".

i think it is worth buying if your in the market for a dot type of scope that can co-witness with irons.

i have the PA knock off --the PA is very good for the money --i just suspect the vortex is better even thought it costs a little more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fairly good optic. I have a Vortex Strikefire on one of the Daniel Defense ARs.

Good for the price. Just add the doubler for fun.
    Last edited by Black Blade; 12-11-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I've had a Strikefire for about two years. I had it on a Saiga 12 shooting slugs and it didn't hold up. They sent me a new one. It works fine on my 300 blackout but I would be a little skeptical of using one on a high recoil gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I've got a Vortex on my SIG556R in pair with a PA magnifier. Works well. Watch PA for specials, I got the magnifier and mount free.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a strike fire on my weiger clone it OK . I have nothing to compare it to . I do know it has a long batter life . its got red an green dots .

I have the older style 2x magnifier that screws in no the flip up an its does very little IMO . In fat it almost seem to make stuff smaller if yo have your eye at a certain distance . ????????

there made in china or japan BTW there main head quarters is not far from me in Middleton WI . there warrenty is susposed to be a if it breaks we will replace it .

MY flip up lens covers dont stay up Im going to see if they will fix or replace them .

I see them abut half of suggested retail price on ebay .

I have heard great things about here rifle scopes an may try one .

Honestly at 100 yrds I can do as well with irons so for me a red dot is sort of a waste of money opn a 223 . Im sure it would be fine at closer ranges .

I got mine from a LEO Buddy who had it on a HK UMP full auto in 45 auto that was assigned to him to I know it will handel full auto in 45 .

Feedback Score

Don't those klunky optics make the AR a little less handy? I've got a BSA Tactical 4X20 that clamps right on to the carry handle. I've got the same scope on a Mini-14. Built-in collimator to 500 yds. Handy.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the info

I'm guessing "PA" is Palmetto State Armory? That where I seen it, but it's out now, it was 169 or 179 with a set of metal folding sights, basically buy the red dot and get a free set of sights. I'll keep an eye out for them to got more and have another sale.
    I wanted to get something better then most of those sub $100 ones that are very low quality, but nothing over the $200 range
    Here's the ad
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...sight-set.html
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have one and really like it. It shuts itself off after awhile so you don't run your batteries down if you forget to turn it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Thanks for the info

I'm guessing "PA" is Palmetto State Armory? That where I seen it, but it's out now, it was 169 or 179 with a set of metal folding sights, basically buy the red dot and get a free set of sights. I'll keep an eye out for them to got more and have another sale.
    I wanted to get something better then most of those sub $100 ones that are very low quality, but nothing over the $200 range
    Here's the ad
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...sight-set.html
    PA = Primary Arms maybe?

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-s/586.htm
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.