Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saiga12 ProMag 10 Rounder has arrived!

Feedback Score

Postak Cool Saiga video!

Hey guys, check out how a car can be shot to pieces with a Saiga in 2 minutes -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    So where do you find them online? I found them listed one plance for 25 dollars each and they are sold out.
    Double-check the post, I added the ordering link:

ProMag | Saiga

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I bought these mags recently direct from Pro-mag. (They weren't far from me) Initially I had problems with it not fitting properly at all. It seemed like there was too much meat molded into the mags to fit properperly in the mag well and have the catch latch on. Upon close inspection, I found that the tap the catch latch onto stuck out a little too far. Also when comparing it to the stock 5 rnd mag I noticed that the profile was different. It was this profile that caused it to have problems releasing.

The solution to it was for me to grind a new profile more closely to the stock on and removing some of that extra meat on the tap with my Dremel tool. Once I got it to catch and release easily, the mag kinda feels a bit loose. It seems to wiggle a lot side to side but I figure its because of the length of the mag compared to the stock 5 5nd which was shorter but also wiggles a bit but not as much as the 10rnd Promag.

After that experience, I decided to pick-up the Surefires on my next purchase but now hearing about Surefire's problems, I don't know what to go with next. Maybe wait for the next batch of AGPs when they're available.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I order two 10rd mags from AGP's web site on 1-26-2008, and I received shipping notice from AGP with a UPS tracking number today. So they must have some available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wow!! You ordered it a year ago and they finally are able to ship your now?? I wonder how big their backlog is? If I order mine now 2009 will I be receiving my order in 2010?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Okay, I ordered some today from AGP. Sure hope I get my order soon.

Feedback Score

Nice vid!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey75 View Post
    Hey guys, check out how a car can be shot to pieces with a Saiga in 2 minutes - YouTube - Saiga 12, Molot Vepr 12 vs. Alfa GTV 2.0

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AT LONG LAST - I am proud to say they work great! I had absolutely no problems whatsoever with the magazine. I'm definitely going to order some more.

On a side note, I did find out that my long-term storage solution of cramming a .30 cal ammo can full of 00 buckshot does NOT work. I didn't realize I was deforming the rounds, and so the deformed rounds did not feed or function properly. Some of them were almost squared! I'm going to run them through my shotgun reloading die to see if I can make them round again. If not then they are going to be used only for the pump!

My reloads had the same problem, and I think I'm putting too hard a crimp on them which causes the ends of my reloaded rounds to pucker. This is enough to make them fail to feed properly in the magazine. I actually had to bang the mag on the bench to get some of these puckered shells to come out! Sad to say, I still need to work on my shotgun shell reloading kung fu.

Anyway here's the stepson firing away!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the range report on the mags.
    And thank you for the advice of not putting loose shot shells in an ammo can.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No prob Coils! I found out more of them were dented, and those indeed caused feeding issues. They went to the SPAS on Sunday. I really hate that I screwed up those shells but what can you do! The good thing is that now that g2busmc gave me some more ammo cans I'm going to start paying more attention to how many I stuff in the can.

That mag just eats all of the rounds - that aren't deformed! - with no hitches at all.

Those deformed rounds all worked fine out of the SPAS on pump action. I did notice that they are all roll crimped. I didn't have any fold crimped rounds to play with. I am going to put them on a roll crimp former to try to melt the plastic enough to get them round once more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.