Gunco Forums banner

Magazines still cheap and available

32K views 242 replies 39 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
The one thing which is still easy to get these days are good magazines for AK, Ar15, UZI.......... Lots of sources and pretty good prices abound. A good investment for the future. But, finding ammo to put in them is the hard deal now. :frown:

#3 ·
musibike,
most people will wait until the panic buying on mags start. then they will be buying them and paying higher prices. then complaining about how they are getting ripped off, price gouging, bad vendors, bad dealers at gun shows, back orders,etc.

it always happens this way. look at ammo, semi-auto rifles (ak's, sks's, ar's, etc.), parts kits, etc.

it wasn't like it wasn't talked about for 2 or three years before the election.

everyone knew or should have know this was coming. if not they were , how do you say this in a nice way, er! " STUPID"

#4 ·
I unfortunately live in the social republic of Maryland where anything over 20 round mags is verboten. The Hungarian 20 round tanker mags are my mag of choice. I was very happy after doing my Saiga 922r conversion after I installed a Dinzag bullet guide. My 7.62x39 feeds great with real AK mags.

#5 ·
The deal is we are NOT seeing any new ammo production. Some body in the GOOBERMENT has thrown a secret switch?

Right now is the time when MAGS are still real easy to get. They will be saying next Fall, "Remember when you could get almost NEW AK, 20 rounders for $14". Like KRINK kits were two years ago. Romy-G series kits complete for $98!

Remember them good ole days!

#11 ·
do some of you know or remember that 7.62 x 39 ammo was being sold for $48 a thousand round delivered, or you could buy it at gun shows for $55 a thousand and the dealer would loan you his dolly to carry it out to your truck. this started around 2004 until 2007. the importers were having to find places just to store the large amounts of ammo that was coming in. it was being sold very cheap just to get rid of it.

people were posting on all the sites, "BUY AMMO" sorry but it was a no brainer to buy ammo. many people did just that and now have ammo. i quit buying in early 2008, i have enough for my grandson and me for a long time.

how much did you guys buy? or are you part of the group that is blaming everyone, our govt., every foreign country, every dealer, every importer,etc.

they blame anyone but themselves. all over the gun site people are crying about poor me and how bad it is that someone can now afford to buy ammo even at these high prices. if you want ammo then just sell something, work at an extra job for some extra money and buy it. if they sell out before you can get some ammo. then i guess your out of luck. maybe some should just find another hobby they can afford.

now if you are a big follower of the obamanation way of thinking everyone should give or sell ammo to these poor guys at the 2004 to 2007 prices.
guess what, it is not going to happen. if you can find it now you are going to pay a higher price.

i also heard there maybe a rush on paper towels, (crying towels), so get some early and stock up.

OH! if you don't have enough mags now, buy them now.
or you can wait until the prices go up or they are sold out. DUH!

#13 ·
Walking into the gun store yesterday, it sure is cool to know I have it, "STACKED TO THE CEILING". All of the EMPTY shelves with NOTHING!

Whatever theory I used to end up well stocked now separates me from the HAVE NOTS.

Oh, blaming us who did stock up for your higher prices? Or, denyal why you can't make a plan. " Nail hit right on the head"! It is us GREEDY stock it up people's fault you don't have and can't buy ammo now for less!! Oh, I see?

#14 ·
I know what you mean. People were saying that Obama and company were friends and they wouldn't be a problem for gun owners. I obviously did swallow that line of crap and began loading up on guns and ammo even tho I had a decent supply. Now I'm well stocked and get to hit the nearly "empty" gun ranges with plenty of ammo while others are crying about no good guns, no ammo or expensive ammo, no powder, bullets or primers, long wait times for CCW permits, long wait periods for C&R licenses, etc. etc. etc.

Thankfully most of us saw this day coming and took personal responsibility to prepare well ahead of the panic. Then we filled out our storage as the election approached. Now the shelves are bare and prices are sky-rocketing. The only thing I'm doing now is buying a few cheap C&R and milsurp guns and still dirt cheap cheap ammo (Makarov and PSL). I somehow doubt that things will return to normal so anyone who waited - waited till its too late.

That said, I did buy a few dozen 9mm KCI and Kahn military contract Glock magazines. Those I tried so far work perfectly. Will be buying cheap AK mags if they ever appear but again, stocked up already.

HEADS UP - On a side note - I hear that 60 minutes will do an "Anti-Gun" segment tonight to follow up on the 20/20 anti-gun piece on Friday.

#15 ·
i think some of it is the general economy, some of it is the shrinking of the cold war surplus, some of the problem is increased global demand and some of the problem is political problems at home. and panic buying by some--price gouging by others---

but one thing for sure it all adds to more expensive ammo and firearms with no real end in sight.

#19 ·
inventory time, outstanding mag prices assorted...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ammunition, Magazines, Rifle Parts and Accessories really attractive prices on assorted mags. Especially the KCI and Kahn Glock mags.

#20 ·
Uh, Musibike, it might just be me, but I think you're blowing this out of proportion, ammo is available, little more expensive than before, but that can be accounted for by all the guys like you, buying the store's stock every time you go. Just calm down for a bit and they'll catch up in your area too.

I don't really notice a difference, just when I see a thread abut it I remember. Then again I shoot a hundred or so rounds a range trip, I could see there being a difference if your range trips include 2 targets, a case of ammo, and the 25 yard range.

Guess I'm just saying that yes, ammo is more expensive than it used to be, so is everything else, it ain't gonna be banned any time soon.

#23 ·
Check out CDNN specials, right now $5.00 S/H for mag/s

#28 ·
AIMSurplus, your home for surplus ammunition, guns and firearms has good deals on all mags these days.

Centerfiresystems.com has UZI mags pretty good.

There is a guy called, " BOCEFUS " over on the UZI TALK forum with $11.00 German contract over run mags.
+1on Aim, just ordered 3 of those 20 rnd Hungarian Tanker AK mags from Aim (with 3 you get the pouch). Cheaper by 6 bucks each than some of the other sites.

The steel 30 round East EU surplus Aim had didnt have the rib (looked kinda cheezy) so I ordered 3 of the 30 rounders from classic arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.