Gunco Forums banner

Magazines still cheap and available

32K views 242 replies 39 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
The one thing which is still easy to get these days are good magazines for AK, Ar15, UZI.......... Lots of sources and pretty good prices abound. A good investment for the future. But, finding ammo to put in them is the hard deal now. :frown:

#206 ·
.. They are coming back, slowly but their at least coming back..
Just ordered 4 .45 mags, on sale no less.. Few days ago they were out of stock.
Sporadic AR mags showing up.. Have to search but they are out there.. Up a few bucks, but hold steady. Supply and demand.. All the Nappy voters are done buying, maybe? Prices will drop..

#208 ·
i wouldn't say "fully" --mags are going for about $15 when the sold for around $9 each before the panic. ain't that about 50% over the glut price?

better that $49.99 to $99.99 CTD bs --but still above retail mostly.

when you see reasonably good quality ar mags for $15-$17 they generally ain't around long.

and anytime there could be another hi-profile criminal act with a firearm and the "panic" will be right back on again. the democrats let no disaster or crime go to waste when it comes to pushing their agenda.

just the other day some moron capped himself and he was planning some kind of school/college shoot-um-up. had bombs all-ready made and everything.

hell as crooked as the government they may spring some fast and furious false flag BS at any time.

and Obama and fienstine are really pissed because their AW ban is floundering.

a disaster,mass shootings,hi-profile homicide and the door may be closing on mags at any time.

those $5 mag deals we were getting a couple years ago? their gone for good this time.

and the overpriced mags of today may look pretty good in the future.

i can remember when an AK parts kit that was $99 barrel and all was "too pricy".

if things go bad we could well end up saying the same about the $25 mags of today.
and damn ammo? ammo if anything is WORSE than early in the panic-- i hope the ammo situation gets better. but they way things are i ain't counting on it.

that the thing really.

if things go back to normal --yea mags ammo and so on are going down.

things don't feel right to me. and many feel the same --like that other shoe is about to drop --

when that shoe drops -- a spare mag or two and a few rounds might be worth quite a bit.

#209 ·
Been noticing that the Tapco AK47 mags are available at a lot of differant places for "normal" prices, from $12.99 to slightly higher.

Apex, What A Country, and Midway USA have them.

I had ordered a few from Copes Dist. but they are out of them I guess. Paid $17.99

Used a couple on this SKS conversion.

Attachments

#211 ·
we may see a little breathing room for now. i hope the BS slacks up.

AMMO is the big problem right now. mags are getting back in stock for semi-normal prices. ar-15 parts are coming back "slowly" JSE has a few in stock for normal prices about twice a week.

they generally sell out in an hour. but we are seeing a few parts like barrels coming back.

the panic has slowed a little though cause the overpriced stuff ain't moving all that well anymore.
the poor cash starved economy along with the lack of ammo has slowed demand for various things like mags. and it is that in between paychecks time of the month.

i wouldn't count the panic out--as ammo is very scarce and very overpriced and looks to stay at least another couple months. till summer at least-- and that is IF obama or biden don't fart--

if we get another incident -- another nut attempts a mass murder--and the nut-jobs are coming out of the wood work.

obumma and his regulations will be back , ammo and mags are first up on the chopping block.

we may get lucky things may calm down and provided there ain't another mass shooting of some kind ammo and mags may get close to retail price and in stock around june or july.

provided our luck holds--and "luck" is a very fickle girl.

if some a-hole "attempts" another school shooting between now and then --it is going to be panic/gouge city all over again.

#212 ·
Maybe yes j4.. I sure as hell am not paying a $1.00 a round, plus shipping for .223-5.56...
My phone rang off the hook start of the panic, people banging on my door..
"Sell me an AK, AR, ammo, what you got, I have cash." Get bent.
If people do not buy, companies do not make money, they close..
It was not us with this panic buy, telling yah it was the Nappie Head voters doing the buying, the anti crowd.. Hell most all of us either sold or sat back and laughed..
The antis best efforts at gun control, seems to be failing miserably.. Their putting pen too paper every day and even the Police are telling them to get F#$Ked.. You go collect em, were not..
As soon as they opened their stupid nonsensical mouths, it started the biggest gun and ammo purchase in the history of the damn country..
Yeah people are going to turn stuff in. Keep the lights on idiots..

#213 ·
The spooky thing is when this happens with food, water and, meds. When they shut the main grid down and only provide power to operate government and police. Already seen one of them small four propellar drones tested here in Houston down the street. Police pulled my wife over last week just for the hell of it to check her out. Said she was going 48 in a 30. From a stop sign in only 100 feet? B.S. Plate came up as a CHL driver and the cops just wanted to run her through the computer.

If you did not stock up your ammo supply when the time was right , shame on you.

Zip your lip in public these days. We that collect guns and prepare for what is coming are reguarded as people to be concerned about.

I think maybe it sort of like it is at work. Everyone else thinks your life has got to be in the same sucky condition as theirs. Sit in a little cubicle all day like me and worry about how in debt you are.

What, you don't drive two hours one way to work like me?

Oh, why do you collect guns and ammo for? You would never need those kinds of things. These are the same ones who want to come to our place when it goes to Shit. But, they never want to be seen hanging around with you at lunch. Oh, you go to a firing range and shoot those loud things?!?!

#215 ·
I have been buying 10 round 223 mags for my new ak (I built from various east german parts) for $20-30 range, this is what K-var was selling these before december. so deals are abound if you look, I also picked up a few robinson 223 followers which should work fine in 20 round 5.45mm mags

#220 ·
SMG has got the thermelt 20s for $26.99 for six today --you can combine the offer with a discount code for an additional $10 off. i ordered some and with the discount code i got um for $4.33 each shipped. this is a one day sale.

CDNN had a buy three get one free sale yesterday on ar and ak mags -- i think that was a one day deal too.

were seeing some back to normal-ish prices on mags. i think i bought some of the 20rd thermelts for $4.69 each from CDNN before the panic of 2013--so these ironically are a little cheaper than before the panic, go figure?--LOL!

SMG has the thermelts for a regular price of $29.99 for six--that is $5 a pop--these were $10 and up during the panic run--if you could even find um.

yea i said i wasn't buying any more-- damn SMG made a liar out of me this time--LOL!

it never hurts to have a few spares and in todays world --the entire mag situation could turn on a dime at any time--

#221 ·
Their coming back guys, hang in their.. Hell I do not need any, but here yah go.

40 - Rd. Ak - 74 5.45x39mm Mag, Black - 1168178, 30 + Rounds at Sportsman's Guide

Ar-15 / M16 30-Rd. Mag - 180351, 21 - 30 Rounds at Sportsman's Guide

Good, bad, I do not know.. But it is a start.. Think the Nappy panic buyers are flush out of cash.. This is a pre buy E-Mail "Buyers Club" Sportsman Guide for members. Before it hits the open market..
$10 off coupon SN206.. Not sure if you have to be a member to use it..

#222 ·
Wish it were this same way with AMMO?

These MONKEYS were sitting at the front door of the gun store today to snap up anything ammo wise when the doors opened.

I just got a box of 20 gauge bird shot.

Glad I was doing my crazy mags buying last year.

Watching the DAMN fools almost get into a fight over what is left on the shelf.

WE WENT TO THE STORE and purchased TOILET PAPER today.

Lots of bottled water. There was no limit on that.

My favorite RED WINE was on sale.

I guess all of those crackers and chips may come in handy pretty soon if this MESS in Korea takes off?

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK......

#223 ·
.223 x 5.56 is showing more vendors having it in stock.. Price is ever so slowing coming down. Not much but creeping down..
If you shop, mag prices in the $9 dollar range.. At least their showing up..
Usually a limit of 10 so the gougers don't grab them.
Hang in their, hold steady.. Nappies anti gun crap is failing miserably..
Least starting to see from the big vendors, "coming soon." Hell it is a start..
Hell all yah need is two mags.. Use one have the wife reload the other while your shooting. Have the kids help, kind of like a family thing.

#227 ·
Tapco AK mags are almost everywhere now for around $12. Apex, Midway, Cabella's, etc.

Was at Cabella's last week and they had several no name AR15's for under $1000. Had to look at the tag because I thought they were .22LR, but it said ".223"

It was almost the same 4 years ago, all the AR prices went thru the roof. Then 6 months later there was such a glut of AR parts in the pipeline that the prices fell very quickly.

#229 · (Edited)
JSE sold some colt 6900s for $990, i think that is considerable UNDER MSRP of them. correction i think MSRP is about $900 on the 6900.

scuttlebutt says these things may not be made by colt and even if they are their colts verson of DPMS oracle carbine! LOL!

they did sell um out in just a few minutes.

yea mags are getting back "for now" anyway.

i'm seeing tapco ak mags everywhere today--

#232 ·
Yep, ordered 4 myself. Already have some but figured a few more would be worthwhile. I see that some are trying to sell these on GB from $100 up to $200 a piece. Yikes! :w00t1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.