Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drums anyone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, my bad. I was talking MD drums. Sorry about that.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

No problem, just wanted to be sure.

I know there was an issue with the first batch but it was minor and he offered to send the part to people that wanted to fix it themselves, for the non-mechanical types he offered to do the fix for them.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I thought I'd add.....MD-20 drums are now $100.00 instead of $240-$260. I've had a couple for over a year and they haven't failed me once yet.

Corbin

Feedback Score

Angry

I wish my saiga 12 would feed right to try my MD arms drum out

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Sorry to hear your Saiga 12 does not feed correctly.
    This is difficult to comprehend, but, I'd persist and get this
    action loosened up. It should all be in place and operable.
    The MD drum would ordinarily fit and function like a top.
    Follow the install instructions and I am confident you can
    get there.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Personally I don't like the drums. Makes the gun unwieldy and difficult to wrap your arms around when shooting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chipmechanic View Post
    Personally I don't like the drums. Makes the gun unwieldy and difficult to wrap your arms around when shooting.
    Agreed. They are a novelty only. The only drums I have are for my RPK and that just sits in the safe. Can't imagine trying to fix any problem with more than 5-8 rounds of buckshot. If that doesn't fix it, you're asking the wrong question!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Zappo, Apparently there was a term for S-12's that weren't assembled properly,"Vodka specials." Any way my S-12 wouldn't cycle anything reliably and I was read to use it for a boat anchor when Someone told me about Cadiz gunworks. They are the official gunsmith in the US for Saiga. I sent mine in and they re-worked it, it functions perfectly now! The best part is, it didn't cost me a dime! I cut and paste the info below from the Saiga forum.

CADIZ GUN WORKS
    POST OFFICE BOX 126
    117 WEST MARKET STREET SUITE B
    CADIZ, OHIO 43907
    (740) 942-3175
    Tom Cole, President

We are the Warranty Repair Center for Russian American Armory Company (RAAC). As per ATF rules a firearm may be sent to us for warranty work/repair/gunsmithing and returned directly back to you at your home address. Shipping to us and return shipping is covered under warranty.

Please send the following information to us and we will be glad to email an UPS Label for you to print. You just attach the UPS label to the box and hand the box to any UPS driver or drop at an UPS pick up site.

Name:
    Home Address:
    City, State, Zip Code:
    Phone#:
    Email Address:

Gun Description:

Make:
    Model:
    Caliber/Gauge:
    Barrel Length:
    Serial Number:

Problem with the firearm:

Have you shot/fired the gun?
    What kind of ammo did you use? (ex. Winchester, Super-X, 7 1/2, 1 1/4 loads)

Measurements of shipping box: L x W x H

The Production# off end of box: (ex. 111/333)

What day/date will you be shipping the gun?

FFL # (If a Dealer or Distributor):

If you are a Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer, please scan a copy of your FFL and email to me or give me the first 3 and the last 5 of your license #, then include your FFL when you ship the gun to us.

Please wrap the gun in newspaper, bubble pack or other packing material to prevent damage to your gun and box. Put styrofoam or wad of paper over bolt handle to prevent it from punching though the box. No magazines or accessories need to be included. Please include a packing list in the box with your name and address.

Russian American Armory Company (RAAC) and Cadiz Gun Works (CGW), No Fee Warranty Service, applies to Russian American Armory Company (RAAC), Saiga Firearms, in the original configuration as shipped from the manufacture. Firearms which are not in their original configuration will be serviced to meet factory performance specifications, using a factory magazine. Serviced at no fee if determined to be a manufacture defect. If the Warranty Department determines that improper functioning is due to customer modifications or improper use a $50.00 minimum shop fee will apply. Additional time needed will be billed at $45.00 per 1/2 hour.

Upgrades and Conversion Work by Cadiz Gun Works (CGW) available at an additional charge. Standard Conversion $595.00 with customer supplied gun.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (740) 942-3175.

Have a Blessed Day,
    Vicki Jo Cole
    Office Manager

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Good info Zoo

Mods & Admins the info for Cadiz should be stickied in the Saiga shotgun General area so it can be found easily.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Agreed. They are a novelty only. The only drums I have are for my RPK and that just sits in the safe. Can't imagine trying to fix any problem with more than 5-8 rounds of buckshot. If that doesn't fix it, you're asking the wrong question!!!

20 rd drum of deer slugs is nice to tote when visiting
    Jurassic Park.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.