Gunco Forums banner

MDArms drums price drop!

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
with the news that Promag is releasing a 20-round and 12-round drum for the Saiga-12, MDArms has dropped the price of their 20-round Saiga-12 drum to $120

Competition is a good thing- even if it's from Promag :)

#5 ·
MD Arms currently out of stock on the drums, but if you can wait you can have one for $100 + S&H, here's an email I got yesterday.

Hey everyone, 02-08-2010

I swore I wouldn't do one ever again, but have to take it back. We are having another pre-order for the MD-20, our 20rd Saiga-12 drum. The price for pre-order will be 100.00 per drum. After we are restocked and shipping again the price will go back up to $120 per drum. Many of you are aware of how the pre order works. 50% down with remaining 50% and shipping due a couple days before we process and ship. We will contact you around a week in advance so the payment doesn't come as a surprise or over draw anyone's account if it's a bad time for the remaining balance. We are looking at 6 weeks to restock, maybe more, maybe less.

We are also currently out of the gunfixer's gas plug. We wont be offering a preorder on those because they will likely be back in stock before the drums are. And it would be a serious pain to break up a pre-order to ship a plug early. If you want a plug and don't mind waiting for one until your drums ships, you can have us add one to your order when we contact you about the remaining balance. If you want one before your drum ship's we will let you know as soon as they are back in stock.

Thanks again everyone and stock up! MikeD

#9 ·
there are some pictures of the promag on their website now- and they look like a toy... the lid is held on with plastic tabs- there were other issues identified over at saiga-12.com forum.

it was enough for me, I placed a pre-order at MDArms... $100 is a great price for his drums...

#8 ·
I've been holding off on one of these for a long time now. Glad to see they're finally starting to get in the ballpark where I can justify one. MD seems to have proven themselves. I'm interested to see some reviews on the Promag once they get to market. Good to finally see some competition in this market. :rockin:

#11 ·
Looks fine to me! I for one am not afraid of those plastic tabs. The newer plastics are really a far cry better than those from jsut a few years ago.

How can people identify "issues" if they haven't released them yet? "confused" :)

I'll be interested to see how they perform... can't say for certain I'll buy any 20 round drum mag, ever, but these don't look bad.

#12 ·
Pookie, I agree, it does look like a nice drum but I don't think ProMag used a high quality plastic on these.

Also to let everyone know, I ask Mike at MD Arms to do a torture test video on the Promag like he did on the Wraith Maker and his drum, you know the one where he ends up driving his pickup over both to see if they still funtion afterward. He replied and said he's waiting for a ProMag drum to arrive so he can check it out and test it.
Should be an interesting video :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.