Thread: mag conversions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default mag conversions

while responding to another thread on sig pistols i let it be known that Berretta M-9 mags in 9mm can be converted to sig 9mm p-226,229/229 pistols Walther P-88/99 pistols and S&W 9mm, there are others i just don't own them so i can't say which models, if they look like beretta 92 f mag and fit in the mag well then they can be used

I collect both sig and walthers pistols, wather P-88 and 99 mags are expensive, yet Checkmate miltary contrat M-9 mag/92F mags are cheap, so for range and competition mags this conversion works out great

dis-assemble the mag measure the original factory mag for the specific pistol, I cut a bit deeper if the mag catch does not lock you can trim up to the feed lips till it does lock in if you start your cut to close to the top and locks the mags may not feed right, re-assembled the mag

here is apicture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sprat; 06-27-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    while responding to another thread on sig pistols i let it be known that Berretta M-9 mags in 9mm can be converted to sig 9mm p-226,229/229 pistols Walther P-88/99 pistols and S&W 9mm, there are others i just don't own them so i can't say which models, if they look like beretta 92 f mag and fit in the mag well then they can be used

I collect both sig and walthers pistols, wather P-88 and 99 mags are expensive, yet Checkmate miltary contrat M-9 mag/92F mags are cheap, so for range and competition mags this conversion works out great

dis-assemble the mag measure the original factory mag for the specific pistol, I cut a bit deeper if the mag catch does not lock you can trim up to the feed lips till it does lock in if you start your cut to close to the top and locks the mags may not feed right, re-assembled the mag

here is apicture
    Thanks Sprat! This is great info, and now I have a use for all of my old M9 Mags. I guess I just have to buy another Sig now.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.