Thread: Recoil dampener stock for .308 Saiga

Feedback Score

Default Recoil dampener stock for .308 Saiga

Last weekend I came up with an idea for my Tapco T6 collapsible stock for reducing the recoil on my Saiga .308. It involved a $2.00 coil spring and a 45 cent roll pin, and some time. The spring is 4.75" x 1" dia. The roll pin is 1/4".

Drilled a hole from top to bottom inside the very rear of the butt stock, vertical, for the roll pin. This provides the stop for the spring.

I cut out the 5th hole to an elongated form to allow for some "travel". I like the 5th hole position for my self. The rifle can still be moved to the 6th (last most extended position) or to another position. I do not think you can get much past hole 4 unless you put in another spring, or completely take this out (preferred).

When shot, the center tube now has room (slot) to slide inside the receiving butt stock rear piece and has resistance against the spring right away. I have tried it doing some bench rest trails, on handloads Friday (9-11-09) and it has performed spectacular, reducing the felt recoil by a significant amount. The fire is single shot and it gets back on target a bit quicker. Reminds me of shooting the 7.62 x 39 Soviet round, and not the .308

Very easy to do, and really lessens the felt recoil on the .308.
    Cheers!
    Vern
    http://taurus45acp.com My website, and has links of interest, NRA-ILA feed and profile.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

nice idea. or you cold just get a FAB/MAKO stock like the ones i have for sale. the quality is superb. the only reason i looking to sell is i have alway had an affinity for wood. I have also gone through the tac black phase and realized that i want the sleek simple design of the bone stock AK.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.