Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rifle Suppressor

Feedback Score

Default standard vel

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    In pistols it might not matter, but in rifles most standard velocity [bulk pack] rounds have the supersonic crack...
    cci standard vel = 1050 fps no crack just sounds like my airrifles pooof. splat!!! Nice tree rat getter. B

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by rojoshb View Post
    cci standard vel = 1050 fps no crack just sounds like my airrifles pooof. splat!!! Nice tree rat getter. B
    Being so close to sonic velocity small factors might make it go supersonic, old thunderbolt has this problem, it's so close that some make the crack and some don't, and I've heard that supersonic bullets fly differently than subs, which is why subs are supposed to be more accurate...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When any object (airplane or bullet) approaches transonic speed it passes through it's own "Precursor" wave, (think the bow wave from a boat only in air) and experiences buffeting from the shockwave as it passes through. Subsonic rounds never experience this buffeting and are usually more accurate because of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dvanncvann View Post
    Silencer Talk is a great resource for silencer questions.

Nice site, by very biased towrd AAC. They make nice stuff and I own some of their cans, but they are NOT the only game in town

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by new21022 View Post
    Also, don't try and save money on any suppressor. Do your research, buy right or buy twice.

I have unfortunatelly bought one or two bad cans early on.... Nice I am just stuck with them...

Feedback Score

Default Cleaning them

I rinse mine out with sprayable Hoppe's and stand on end on some newspapers, after about a half an hour turn it over. Or get some CCI Mini mags and let it rip.

Sorry guys----- I love my AWC's

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Poverty Ridge View Post
    I rinse mine out with sprayable Hoppe's and stand on end on some newspapers, after about a half an hour turn it over. Or get some CCI Mini mags and let it rip.
    Would a solvent bath work, something like a mason jar full of acetone, or would it eat the paint off, and make the serial unreadable?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sealed suppressors are commonly cleaned by making a "tank" out of a capped off length of plastic sewer pipe and filling with a solvent. Depending on solvent and paint used, it might strip the paint off. Serial numbers are engraved in the metal, paint coverage would not affect the number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.