Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBR - Will a money process faster than a check when filing a Form 1?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default SBR - Will a money process faster than a check when filing a Form 1?

Just like the title says, if I use a Form 1 with a money order will it process faster than with a personal check?

I did my Form 1 using a MO and a revocable living trust. Let's hope that I did it the right way!!!

Mark

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

One FFL swore by US Postal money orders and said the BATFE processed the payment immediately and started the transfer immediately. He said that personal checks delay the process since they take time to clear and the process starts after they clear.

Another one yelled at me for not supplying a personal check. In the end both transfers took the same amount of time.
    "MOLON LABE!!"
    Spartan King Leonidas to the Persians in response to 'Lay down your arms.'

"COME AND TAKE THEM!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Well either way, I contributed to paying down the federal debt... $200.

SBR Time!!! I can't wait to get my cherry popped.

Mark

Feedback Score

I really don't know the answer to the question.

I went with a personal check. At least I can check the computer and see if my check has been cashed.

This is the only indicator that your request is being processed, as far as I know.

I did use a Postal Money Order when I had my receiver engraved. I believe those orders with money orders will take precedence with Orion, over those orders waiting for the checks to be cleared.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No it won't. I have filed many NFA forms, tried every way and it's all the same. I like the check better, because you can tell when it was cashed

Feedback Score

Same, same. In fact the NFA FAQ's specify "personal check". In the case of a trust you can fund the trust with a checking account in the name of the trust. Write the check on that account.

Your check is headed to the Treasury Department, not the NFA or ATF. They are in charge of check cashing on a very large scale. It goes in with the IRS deposits etc.

My most recent form 1 was sent in early January, checked cashed in two weeks, stamped form 1 back to me this week.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McClure View Post
    Same, same. In fact the NFA FAQ's specify "personal check". In the case of a trust you can fund the trust with a checking account in the name of the trust. Write the check on that account.

Your check is headed to the Treasury Department, not the NFA or ATF. They are in charge of check cashing on a very large scale. It goes in with the IRS deposits etc.

My most recent form 1 was sent in early January, checked cashed in two weeks, stamped form 1 back to me this week.
    ATF Claims no status on my Form 1 sent in late Feb. I sent it in via USPS money order... They have no record in the system, but said that they aren't up to that point yet. I am a little miffed as it's the middle of April, but what can I do?

Mark

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

You can't do anything with the ATFE. If they lost your paperwork, you are probably just out two-hundred bucks unless you can prove that the Treasury has your funds. You would also have to get a hold of the right person when they are having a good day. They are always way behind and most employees couldn't give two sh%ts about what you want. I once had the IRS cash a check and not credit me for the payment. It took almost four months, even with me having proof that they received the letter and the Treasury cashed the check, to get it cleared up.

-yarro

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

They are just that far behind. There has been many form 1,s filed since the election.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yarro View Post
    You can't do anything with the ATFE. If they lost your paperwork, you are probably just out two-hundred bucks unless you can prove that the Treasury has your funds.
    No they have a record of my paperwork arriving March 10th... So I just have to continue to wait and wait... By that time the Texas Firearms Freedom Act will have passed.... I am waiting to finish those builds now so that I can stamp them "Made in Texas"

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.