Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: full-auto conversion pre '86 ?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

having an 07 / sot allows you to do this: rpdvideo2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That 86 rule is total BS being in my late 20's I showed up way to late for the full auto club got a lot of M240G time in the Marines but it's just not the same as owning one. I am looking at getting maybe a AC556 or a Mac10 I want a RDIAS for the AR's I own but the 10k-12k price tag is to high and 5k-7k is my limit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The MAC series is probably the best value in FA firearms. Many manufacturers are now making belt fed uppers that use the registered MAC lower as the trigger group, lets you own an "almost" MG42 or whatever for a fraction of the cost of a transferable original. Lots of "normal" uppers for it as well, makes them a much more accurate and useful firearm than the "room broom" they started out as.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Cool Vids.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    having an 07 / sot allows you to do this: rpdvideo2
    Have you thought about M.G. rentals? Your own range, people go and shoot a full auto.
    Insurance would be up there I would bet.
    There is a place west of me here in N.Central Florida does rentals on M.G.s.
    My girlfriends brother went there and shot some rounds. Expensive, but no lack of people waiting to shoot.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

A local gunshop does SMG rentals. $30/first 30 rounds, you buy the ammo at cost after that. They even have an indoor range for shooting them, the MG never leave the premises. Kinda expensive but fun!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I think the Ruger AC556 is probably the best value in a legal FA...Here's mine

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Super Nice...

That weapon looks bad to the bone without spittin lead. Nice.
    Damn I should have bought that M60 for just under 10 Grand 10 years ago.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    The MAC series is probably the best value in FA firearms. Many manufacturers are now making belt fed uppers that use the registered MAC lower as the trigger group, lets you own an "almost" MG42 or whatever for a fraction of the cost of a transferable original. Lots of "normal" uppers for it as well, makes them a much more accurate and useful firearm than the "room broom" they started out as.

Who is making belt fed uppers???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BigAl how dose that AC556 group? all most bought a mini-14 but after shooting it (the groups were so piss poor) I bought two AK's. Is the full auto decent? Will it do a man size target at 300yrds or is it a less than 100yrd gun?

By group I'm talking in semi-auto can it do 3" or less at 100yrds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

OOPS, looks like Ernie Wren's MAC based RPD and M249 uppers were re-classified as MGs at some point. He used to set up at Knob Creek, beautiful beltfed uppers. There were at least 2 other vendors there who were promising similar uppers soon. Len Savage is/was also working on them, but after he made ATF look like fools in court he could submit a Pepperoni Pizza to tech branch and they would classify it as an illegal MG conversion device. A couple others were trying to get them going as well, but with the current lack of kits unless they stockpiled some for their projects it looks like they may never go into serious production. Bummer, they were really cool and somewhat affordable in the $5-7K range.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.