Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mac-10 or 11

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Mac-10 or 11

Ok so i went nuts this week and called USAA to cash out a mutual fund I had (hasn't lost that much yet about 15-20%) I didn't want to be left with nothing. I all so let my wife name my last daughter so i could one day buy a full auto (what a sucker she was going to name her any way no matter what I said)

So i will have about $4500 to $5000 to spend get one I've been looking into the Mac-10's and what do you guys think is better .45 or 9mm I have a few 1911 in .45acp and don't what to have to get into 9mm but I see that some of the MAC-10 .45's can be converted to 9mm by replacing the top half and putting in a magwell thing. The two cals would really be nice and i would pay a few more bucks for one like that. I've been looking on gunbroker and subguns for a deal. A shop by my house has a MAC-11 in 9mm for $3200 that is tempting.

What do you guys think it will be more of a safe queen/investment. but i will shoot it from time to time.

also What about mags I will get about 10 anybody know some good ones?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'll put my 2 cents in, and believe me, thats about all my advise is worth. have you ever fired a M-10 or M-11 F.A.? I had access to a few F.A.s, one being a M-10 .45 and it was my least favorite. it seemed like the fun was over just a little too quick.30rds in what seemed like about 2 seconds. where as the M-16 or Thompson which we also were shooting were a lot more fun.but I know those are MUCH more money. just saying you might want to try and test fire either Mac first before you commit to spending your money. Tom.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

My personal opinion is that the MPA 930ST bump fires so easily that buying an F/A MAC seems almost to be a bad choice (it's not.) I am also tempted by the low price of the MAC. It's priced absolutely right, but for a few grand more you can get something much cooler (IMHO).

Class 3 Weapons For Sale

They have the grease gun like Stemple for $4500 and the current Suomi Stemples for $7000 or so. (They also have a suppressed SWD MAC for $4200 there too.)

Mark

PS - I'm envious... I still have to save up for the big toys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Did 4 1/2 years in the Marine Corps loved my M-16/203 but 10k for one I can't do it. My tax guy sent me stuff as soon as i find out how much I'm getteing back i might be able to do a few grand more for maybe a Uzi. I have so may gun projects going right now I spread pretty thin. I just got into reloading to damm this fun stuff is BIG $$$

Has anyone heard of a rate reducer for a MAC10

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Since the Mac is a open bolt blow back with a fixed firing pin IIRC, you would have to increase the weight of the bolt to slow down the cyclic rate. I dunno if this could be done easily, might require a whole 'nother bolt to be made but i think it would be possible.

*edit* Uzi's are probably the second best deal to be had in class 3 i've seen them go from around $4,000 to $7,000 in Vermont depending on style and condition.

Johns Gun Shop in Morrisville had a really nice Vector Uzi a while back that sold for $6,200. Was registered in .45, 9MM, and .22 LR.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Has anyone heard of a rate reducer for a MAC10
    I was going to mention this, well sort of, I know they make them for the M11.
    I think you should look into what's available for each first, there's a place in the NE (Stoney Creek maybe) that makes an upper for the M11 that takes SUOMI mags and drums, looks a little heavy but thought I'd mention it.
    I also agree, an UZI would be a good second choice.
    I can't remember the name of the company, hopefully someone will chime in if they know, but there's a company making tude guns (tubes that are registered) that look like the SUOMI and one that has a longer barrel. I think they are priced about the same as the UZI?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I can't remember the name of the company, hopefully someone will chime in if they know, but there's a company making tude guns (tubes that are registered) that look like the SUOMI and one that has a longer barrel. I think they are priced about the same as the UZI?
    It's BRP, I posted the link above in my previous post. It's the Stemple Take Down Gun, I really like the STG series.

Mark

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There are a lot more accessories in the MAC11 series than the MAC10. While both types in their OEM form were mostly an uncontrollable bullet hose, the modern upgrades available for the MAC11 make it more versatile and practical. UZIs are nice, but not much you can do to them beyond caliber conversions.

Lage makes a slowfire upper for the M11 that bolts a weight on top of the bolt to slow it down. There is also a design that attaches a CAR15 stock to the gun and a rod attached to the bolt operates the buffer in the stock, slowing ROF down a bit. An extra thick buffer is also available that reduces the travel distance of the bolt, increasing ROF to an insane level! AFAIK there are no similar commercial offerings for the M10 but the designs could be adapted if you're handy in the machine shop.

MAX-11 Lage Mfg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M-11's seem like a great Class III to get. You can convert it to use sten mags....they make a ton of upgrades for them.

Calico has a 50 round upper.
    Stoney Creek Armory has a suomi upper
    Lage has the Max-11

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Mark, I didn't look at your link before thinking it was an auction site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.