Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: ALRIGHT WHO HAS SOME CANS ON THEIR GUNS HERE

  1. #21
    Gunsmith Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,095
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    I'll get some clearer pics up shortly. I got it all parkerized, and it looks pretty slick now. As for engraving, I wasn't going to do anything quite like that, just manufacturer, model, caliber and serial number.

  2. #22
    CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'll get some clearer pics up shortly. I got it all parkerized, and it looks pretty slick now. As for engraving, I wasn't going to do anything quite like that, just manufacturer, model, caliber and serial number.

    ive been waiting for a chance to show that off . i did that on a rotary axis on a cnc machine . if you send me the sleeve i can put anything you want on it ,picture ,numbers letters it only take me about 20 or 30 minutes to write up a cnc program for it . gotta love technology huh if you want to do anything like that let me know but i only do sleeves so i don;t get into anything i don't want to get into .TROUBLE LOL
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

  3. #23
    tired of idiots vz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    central NC
    Posts
    2,276
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

    Default

    I was wondering about the pattern of ridges in the mono core. I have ben searching for various design ideas. Was just wondering how you chose that particular shape.

  4. #24
    Gunsmith Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,095
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonmorry333 View Post
    ive been waiting for a chance to show that off . i did that on a rotary axis on a cnc machine . if you send me the sleeve i can put anything you want on it ,picture ,numbers letters it only take me about 20 or 30 minutes to write up a cnc program for it . gotta love technology huh if you want to do anything like that let me know but i only do sleeves so i don;t get into anything i don't want to get into .TROUBLE LOL
    Problem is, that tube is not an NFA item, I have to be with it to have it done, Thank you for the offer though. If you are local though, that would be another story.

  5. #25
    Gunsmith Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,095
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    I was wondering about the pattern of ridges in the mono core. I have ben searching for various design ideas. Was just wondering how you chose that particular shape.
    I came up with that at just because I know something inturrupting the flow would be better than nothing. The grooves are milled at alternating intervals from side to side, They could look better if they were more perfectly spaced, but I don't think they could work much better if at all. The "ribs" referred to earlier are the actual baffles, they have a hole in them of 9/32".

    As soon as I get a decent camera (mine broke), I'll get better pics up.

  6. #26
    CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    VZ58

    HERE IS SOME PICS OF SOME CORES . MIGHT GIVE YOU SOME MORE IDEAS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

  7. #27
    tired of idiots vz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    central NC
    Posts
    2,276
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

    Default

    WOW there is nothing to the yankee hill 45. I need to see if there are reviews on it. After the tax stamp that would be SUPER easy to replicate.

    some of the monolithic cores are just a couple of hours on the lathe.......

    Thanks, if there are more pics or personl reviews I would love to hear them. (maybe a new thread?)

    Fritz I hope you get a camera 'cause yours looks sweet.

  8. #28
    CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    WOW there is nothing to the yankee hill 45. I need to see if there are reviews on it. After the tax stamp that would be SUPER easy to replicate.

    some of the monolithic cores are just a couple of hours on the lathe.......

    Thanks, if there are more pics or personl reviews I would love to hear them. (maybe a new thread?)

    Fritz I hope you get a camera 'cause yours looks sweet.
    ??? HOW WOULD YOU DO A MONO ON A LATHE OTHER THAN TO TURN IT DOWN . YOU HAVE TO USE A MILL OR AT LEAST A DRILL PRESS TO PUT THE CENTER LINE CHAMBERS BUT YOU WOULD NEED END MILL TO DO THE SIDE CHAMBERS .
    THOSE DESIGNS ARE ALOT MORE EASY TO MACHINE THAN THEY LOOK
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

  9. #29
    Gunco Veteran [486]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MSP area, MN
    Posts
    1,631
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default



    Those are designed much like the one on the AS VAL, and VSS vintorez russian silenced rifles, they are quiet enough to call them silenced...

  10. #30
    tired of idiots vz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    central NC
    Posts
    2,276
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonmorry333 View Post
    ??? HOW WOULD YOU DO A MONO ON A LATHE OTHER THAN TO TURN IT DOWN . YOU HAVE TO USE A MILL OR AT LEAST A DRILL PRESS TO PUT THE CENTER LINE CHAMBERS BUT YOU WOULD NEED END MILL TO DO THE SIDE CHAMBERS .
    THOSE DESIGNS ARE ALOT MORE EASY TO MACHINE THAN THEY LOOK
    have the mill too..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •