Thread: How can I purchase NFA items?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default How can I purchase NFA items?

I've been reading a bit about NFA items, full auto, suppressors, SBR, ans SBS and I would like to know what is it that I need to do to qualify to purchase these things?

Before we go anywhere on this I want to start off by telling you that I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. If its possible here, please tell.

However, if its not, please tell me which state I should go to that lets NFA items run free and what do I need to do if I were in that free state?

I've heard of something like having a living trust. Not sure how that works can someone explain?

Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I know Suppressors are not allowed in Kali, so none of those for you. I think MGs at least are OK.

First you find what you want to buy and then the dealer will help you process the paperwork. If you have a clean record and can own a handgun you should have no problems.

Basic process is you fill out a few ATF transfer forms, submit fingerprints and photos, send them $200 for the tax and wait for them to process it all. Once you receive the forms back approved with your tax stamp, you can take possesion.

Living trusts, corporations, etc. are legal "persons" under the law and can own property, including NFA firearms. The advantage here is the ATF form requires your "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" to sign the form stating he kniows of no laws or reasons to deny your application. Many Sheriffs and Chiefs simply refuse to sign (they are not required to do so) because they don't want civillians to own these firearms. In that case, if you form your own "legal person" to buy them for you no signature is required.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemacdude View Post
    I've been reading a bit about NFA items, full auto, suppressors, SBR, ans SBS and I would like to know what is it that I need to do to qualify to purchase these things?

Before we go anywhere on this I want to start off by telling you that I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. If its possible here, please tell.

However, if its not, please tell me which state I should go to that lets NFA items run free and what do I need to do if I were in that free state?

I've heard of something like having a living trust. Not sure how that works can someone explain?

Thanks for any help.
    Start a property company and rent your weapons to the movie industry. You'd be amazed at the exceptions that exist for the movie industry, after all they can't sacrifice Hollywood, they know who butters their bread.

It would be easier to move to AZ or NV though.

Mark

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here is a state list of NFA go-no go don't trust it 100% I just found it good luck out there I here it's pretty tough to own NFA in CA

State by State Chart of NFA Restrictions
    If your that determined to own that stuff there are many NFA friendly states out there that you could move to but you would have to move

Feedback Score

You can look at each state to find what you can purchase on NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog :: Published by Florida Gun Trust Lawyer David Goldman - just click the state you want to know about.
    David Goldman
    Gun Trust Lawyer Website Jacksonville Estate Planning Website
    904-685-1200 1-877-7GUN-LAW

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Trust Lawyer View Post
    You can look at each state to find what you can purchase on NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog :: Published by Florida Gun Trust Lawyer David Goldman - just click the state you want to know about.
    Ah Hah. Just the man I need too talk too.
    Will be calling in short order.
    Maybe look into Vendor status on the site here. Sure a lot of guys need help, like I do with this stuff. Thank you. 4th.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.