Gunco Forums banner

Form 4 delay

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TheCol.U.S.M.C. 
#1 ·
Hi guys, ihave been a long time lurker but now i have a question.I purchased a SBR {krink} from a local gunshop.On 3/14/09 they handed off ,to me an envelope of form 4 /trust info to drop in the mail for them.I sent it to the post office the same day.It has been 6 mos waiting on sept 14th and i havent heard a word .Is six mos unusual,i was hearing that 3 mos is a typical wait.I am going nuts and worried although my record is spotless.What do u guys think? Should I b concerned?Thanks for your help;Rick

#3 ·
I just received the SBR forms I ordered 6 1/2 months ago. I think the Obama folks are stalling us.
You got a head start getting the forms from the dealer!

#9 · (Edited)
Marine.

Damn. I keep getting worse news on this stuff. Followed your other post.
My shorty AR is waiting for me at Projectguns. :frown:
I keep staring at the picture George sent me. Maybe I will just make a copy of that. Put it on my wall and call it good.
Hell I called the ATF for form 4s two weeks ago and still have not received them.
I love it when the Guberment sends us a letter regarding Social Security or Taxes.
"Return this letter by such and such a date. Or were coming to your house and smash your face in." :fear:
Wonder if we can do that? Hmmm.
rhandle- Yes. I guess it is all of us there going too drag there feet on.
Brad- Just saw your post on the 6 1/2 month for the form 4s. Damn.

#6 ·
After the election AR’s became rare. Then reloading supplies. When people couldn’t buy those they started applying for suppressors, full auto and the like.
The ATF got swamped just like Midway, Graff & Sons or your local shop.

My form (4) took 5 months.

#7 ·
form 4 delay

It's goog to hear that i am not the only 1 waiting,although i seem to be the longest.Thanks 4 the ATF phone #.I have been afraid to call and sound too pushy and get my app "lost" in the office.I will give it one more week b4 i call.
THANKS, RICK

#10 ·
Obama has his hands full with health care stuff and the recent backlash demonstrations. An ATF guy I met told me that they are indeed backlogged because of Obama - he's the greatest salesman for ammo, guns and suppressors.

He also said that those of us who have ATF licenses get no special speed when processing. The examiners have to do the criminal check again, even if one were done a week or day before.

I think my bigger worry is being able to earn enough money to take care of my family AND afford a Class III item.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.