Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AR-15 shorty question.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Glad to hear you finally took it out and shot it 4th. jorge is going to hook you up with a nice shorty 5.45 upper.

in the navy we didn't get any guns to play with, just some nuclear weapons!! those polaris missles had a hell of a lot of recoil!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Thanks for the links guys.
    I would love to have my own nuclear missile. How much are the tax stamps on one of those bad boys?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Should be a destructive device, so $200. Wonder if you submitted a Form 1 to make a nuke how long it would take them to send the NEST boys your way? The field stripping and cleaning manual for a Polaris missile has gotta be pretty thick, ya might wanna read up on it a bit before you start reassembling your kit in the back yard. Wonder who sells missile fuselage flats?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Glad you got a laugh out of that Sniper, I heard that somewhere and laughed so hard my sides hurt.

4th, a 22 conversion is nice to have, cheap plinking.
    There's a few on the market now (I'm only using this vendor because I felt like it ), here's a drop in conversion
    Cope's Distributing
    and here's a complete upper with a barrel made just for 22, haven't heard any revues on it yet
    Cope's Distributing
    Coils - it's always good to laugh.

The chiappa that cope's sells (the 22 upper) is made by ATI. Does it take the BDM mags? Anyone use one yet?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Does it take the BDM mags?
    I thought it did, but when I look on Cope's site they show the BDM's are 25 round and the one with the kit is a 28, I could have sworn the BDM were 27 or 28?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I thought it did, but when I look on Cope's site they show the BDM's are 25 round and the one with the kit is a 28, I could have sworn the BDM were 27 or 28?
    It shows 25 to 26 rounds on the BDM site AR15 .22 conversion 25 Round Full Body 2nd Generation depending on ammo. The 1st generation BDM mags (the skinny ones) were somewhere around 28 to 30 rounds. Maybe without the bolt hold open follower it would make it possible to get more rounds in????
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Ah that was it, 26.

I'll ask Cope's and see if they will answer the mag question.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

"Hello Copes." Yes this is Coils and Sniper. Does your mag hold 25 or 26 rounds?
    "Say what???"
    "This is Mandy. Now you guys ask me one more stupid, yes I said stupid question like that and you wont be able to buy a free pen from us anymore. You guys understand."
    "Mandy who was that on the phone?"
    "Oh God I am busy as hell and Coils and Sniper are arguing about 1 round in a mag."
    "Just hang up on them." WaAAAAHHHH Haaaaa haaa.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    "Hello Copes." Yes this is Coils and Sniper. Does your mag hold 25 or 26 rounds?
    "Say what???"
    "This is Mandy. Now you guys ask me one more stupid, yes I said stupid question like that and you wont be able to buy a free pen from us anymore. You guys understand."
    "Mandy who was that on the phone?"
    "Oh God I am busy as hell and Coils and Sniper are arguing about 1 round in a mag."
    "Just hang up on them." WaAAAAHHHH Haaaaa haaa.
    4th that's why we're going to let you call Cope's and ask the question....

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hey 4th

Ok I got an answer.
    Yes it will use the BDM and the ProMag, Cope's sells the ProMag so I had to add that and it should accept the Ciener mags too.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f291/ar-22-upper-54211/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.