Gunco Forums banner

Form 1 engraving ?

4K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  bulrich 
#1 ·
Got my stamp (Form 1) for a SBR on a Yankee Hill Lower receiver (AR-15)

Ok so I have looked around can't figure out what has to be engraved on my receiver

Do I engrave my Full name and adress like this (from, form 1 box 3b)
John d. Doe
1234. W. 1st St.
Phoenix AZ 85000

Or do I just need my name city and state like this (from form 1 box 3b)
John d. Doe
Phoenix AZ 85000

and do I need to put the zip code in ?

Thank in advance It's been about a month from when I got my stamp I haven't built the rifle yet it's just a striped receiver but I would like to start buying parts now and put it together. I know it has to be engraved so I would like to do that first

See less See more
#6 ·
You can send it by mail , ups or fedex. as long as it is only the receiver. just include a copy of your drivers license so we can log it in and we can mail it directly back to you.

it is $50.00 for the engraving plus about $6.00 return shipping via priority mail.

#9 ·
James Gyolai at Harford Engraving Service
did a great job on my 1919 sideplate. Price was good, and turnaround fast too.
Check out his website for examples of his work.

#10 ·
Well, Project Guns did it for me. Nice guy engraving turned out great (I would post picks but I don't want to show the world what I have, with my address)

Fast too only took one week from me shipping it to getting it back, and that is AZ to FL and back

All I can say is thanks pirate56 it looks great:cheers:we will have to share a case of beer one day

#26 ·
I'm kinda picture postig impaired but I've decided on doing an east german 74 shorty so the selector markings would just be latin based letters. In fact I might just have to do a pair of shorties ;) is it acceptable to have ak receivers engraved on the underside of the receiver either in front of the trigger or under the trunnion?

#28 ·
Col, couldn't you have just taken it to one of those kiosks that does engraving in Arrowhead mall or something? Why did you have to send it to FL? My problem is while I temporarily live in CO, I plan on moving back to AZ when I'm done with gunsmithing school. So if I SBR my Krink in CO, do I put my CO or AZ address, since I am in a student status?

#29 ·
If you take it to a local shop, be specific....

After reading about the suppressed Ruger 10/22 pocket rifle a few years ago, I had to have one. So I sent in the form 1, waited, and when I got it back, I took the receiver to a local trophy shop for engraving. I indicated the specific wording, and the location for the engraving. I guess I just assumed any normal person would think "keep it simple". I was surprised to find that they had filled in most of the left side of the receiver with really large lettering in an old english font. The letters were really shiny, too, of course. I blackened them up with some aluminum cold bluing from Brownell's. Still.....

#31 ·
If you purchase a manufactured stock firearm and convert it to an SBR 9with the proper paperwork of course)do you have to have it engraved with SBR and the name of your trust?

I have looked through all of the ATF firearm regulations and can not find anything that refers to this with the exceotion of 478.92 which refers to licensed manufacturers. Threr is nothing that refers to indivuals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.