Gunco Forums banner

Filed my first form 1 for an SBR today

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  chipmechanic 
#1 ·
I moved to Oregon for a reason. Building one of these...SIG 522 SBR

See less See more
#3 ·
Trust. Ive done several on silencers but this is my first SBR. Couldn't do them in Washington. Spent 9 minutes filling out an Oregon specific trust yesterday with willmaker and got the docs notarized this morning. I suppose I could have gotten the sheriff signoff but after having done several on trusts its just so easy that going conventional doesnt much make sense any more..

#4 ·
Tursts only way too go..

On your form 1. Make sure you put the "full" trust name.
The Joe Smith trust, or whatever you used for a name. They will send it back if you do not. Dont ask me how I know. :)
I did my trust through an attorney. It required two witnesses, with addresses who know you. Plus the notary.
Send copies of the trust. Plus your Drivers license, carry permit, any Federal licenses you hold make copies. Seems too speed it up.
My neighbors are Sheriffs and I am sure I could get the Chief too sign.
But for me, it is an all day drive too get too the station. So much easier doing it rite from your home.
Remember too send the original form 1. I made copies and sent the copy. Back again. Dont ask me how I know. :)

#7 ·
Hey Chip...

I just called the ATF. Talked too a chick sounded hot. :)
Anyways. I thought in one of our posts you mentioned blanket form 5320 for our NFA weapons.
Agent said their is a form 5 if you croak. For transfer too someone.
Is that form item specific too you State? Or did I read it wrong. Hell I dont know maybe I was dreaming. :) Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
Good thinking.... Pirate told me he was going too put.
Asshole Florida instead of Astor Florida.
I was a little nervous until I got my receivers back. :)
Imagine an L.O. checking the weapon. Where is asshole Fla. :lol:
Remember if you take it out of state. You have too fill out a form, at least here in Fla. we do.

#8 ·
Form 5320 is Federal:

Welcome to TitleII.com

Required when transporting certain NFA items out of your state of residence, say ya wanna take your MG to Knob Creek to make some noise, you would need to get permission first via the form. If you ask to take it to a state where MGs are Verbotten, they will not approve.

The Form 5 is a non-taxable transfer of an NFA item. Usual use is transfer between SOT paid dealers or a tax free inheritance for non-FFLs.

#9 ·
Form 5320 is Federal:

Welcome to TitleII.com

Required when transporting certain NFA items out of your state of residence, say ya wanna take your MG to Knob Creek to make some noise, you would need to get permission first via the form. If you ask to take it to a state where MGs are Verbotten, they will not approve.

The Form 5 is a non-taxable transfer of an NFA item. Usual use is transfer between SOT paid dealers or a tax free inheritance for non-FFLs.
You the Man.. Even the ATF chick did not know that. :)

#11 ·
Dont feel bad..

I'm jeallous. I have the papers sitting in the next room. Gotta get off my arse and file!
Mine are also.. Whole packet ready too go for my Krink SBR..
Have too wait till next month too send them in.
My home insurance just went up $500. My sister needed money. My girlfriend can smell my debit card from a mile away. Tax bill in. Car insurance, Flood insurance. Boat insurance. Life insurance.
I have just enough cash for beer too get through the month.
Dinner time here, every homeless person in town shows up.
I just figured something out. Its fun being broke. You dont have too worry about any bills. :)

#14 ·
Good for you chip.. When the ATF gets my app. I think they start crying.
Put "Name here" so I wrote "Name here". What the hell. I followed their instructions.
I have too fill one out sober next time. See if it gets back without getting denied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.