Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NRA repeal petition

Feedback Score

I have heard rumors of the cleo signoff going away as well that would be cool as it took the sheriff 3 weeks to sign my form 1. I think the whole process is kindof outdated. if you can get a pistol permit in 3 weeks you should be able to get an nfa item in 3 weeks. you should submit a sheriff signed form where the police dept has run the same background check as they do for pistol permits to the atf then they immediately register it and stamp it and return it to you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When the CLEO signoff reg was passed, computerized records searches were decades off. The original purpose of it was so that your local CLEO could peruse his file cabinet to find out if you had any local arrests that might not show up on a Fed search. Now that every arrest and such goes into computerized databases, the requirement is outdated and unneccessary. Makes for a lot of hassle for NFA buyers though, so I dunno why ATF would want to eliminate it. Unless the number of Trusts is starting to get them worried maybe some unqualified people are slipping through the cracks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

With all the problems we have in this country, I don't see any gun control issues coming to the front anytime soon. Until the election is over and the economy picks up, which could be a long time, firearm issues will be on the back burner.
    "Life is tough....it's really tough when you're stupid!" -- John Wayne

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions"--GK Chesterton

Feedback Score

No idea if it will do any good but I signed as well.

Feedback Score

Cool

I signed the Petition.

I agree that the Law does nothing to Stop or Suppress Crime.....

But,

What if it could be Clearly Demonstrated that the Law made the Streets of America Dramatically Safer and Less Dangerous;

What Then?!?

Would I still want the Law Repealed?

Hell Yes!

The Right for a Free Man to Arm himself—However He Pleases is a Fundamental and Inalienable Right.

Fundamental Rights are Not Hostage to "The Good of Society".....

Even if "Society" wasn't a Null-Concept and even if its "Good" could be Accurately and Objectively Determined.

I dislike the Weasle-Word Implication that If Gun Laws Accomplished their Stated Purpose, that then we wouldn't have an Ethical or Moral Leg to Stand On.

I disagree Categorically.

A Legitimate Government's First Responsibility is to Respect and Protect The Natural Right of its Citizens to Bear Arms.....

This comes before All Other Considerations.....

Even if it came to that, before the Survival of The Human Race.

.....RVM45
    Though Exiled to the Twenty-First Century; I will always be a Proud Citizen of The Twentieth Century.

Has to be a Flying Saucer--I don't believe in Aeroplanes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

this repeal will never happen, even considering the 1986 amendments were pass fraudulently by the democrats except at the state level you can forget any positive firearms reform laws
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.