Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FULL AUTO AK-74

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My understanding is......
    On NFA weapons it varies, for some it's the receiver and others it's the sear.
    Federally, select and full auto weapons can be assembled by properly licensed manufactures for sale to an individual post ban providing the sear or receiver was registered prior to the law change in 86.
    BRP is a good example.
    They assembled and sold many weapons post 86 on receivers registered prior to the change.

Shooter

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Ok..well then.....I'm wrong again & I WANT ONE TOO!! & I allready have the sbr ak74su.

It is really sweet. Black AK74s side-folder. It started it's life as a .223 Chinese.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, when a manufacturer converted a gun they had their choice of what part was registered in some guns. Guns that needed the receiver modified to accept the conversion parts generally had to have the receiver registered. Others, such as the HK line, could have the sear itself registered as a FA trigger pack (normally unregulated) can be easily modifed to fit the semi auto receiver. This is one of the reasons FA HKs are so popular, you can buy one expensive sear and use it in multiple inexpensive semi rifles instead of buying several expensive converted rifles. UZIs were popular to register the bolt, semi autos have a blocking bar in them that require a slotted bolt to clear, you can't just drop a FA bolt in. Slot a FA bolt and modify a select fire lower to fit a semi receiver and you have a conversion kit that can fit in any UZI. Most of the 10/22 conversions registered the trigger housing.

Back when the ban passed, there was a short window of time before it became law, MG manufacturers were scrambling to turn out as much product as they could as their livelihood was being taken away and they wanted to get some stock in for the coming years. Some cranked out sears, the FN FNC is a fine example where more registered auto sears exist than rifles. Others made receivers, some others simply filled out the paperwork and figured they would get around to actually making them before anybody checked. ATF was hardly consistent either. One maker drilled auto sear holes in a bunch of AR15 receivers but didn't have time to mill them out inside to accept the autosear. ATF denied their paperwork because they said they weren't completely converted. By then the law was in effect, so ATF then informed them they would have to destroy or register them as LE/dealer only because a sear hole by itself is enough to make the receiver an illegal FA without paperwork. ?????

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I can make you an sbr, but any full autos will be posties.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Interesting..

So our old idea Kernel, of finding a small town. Get yourself elected L.O. chief. First day on the job, start buying full autos. For the safety of the people of-course.
    Florida is a very very rural State. People who have not been here. Dont understand, that most of the population is condensed along the beach and shore A.O.s
    Once one travels inland. Their is a lot of very small towns and communities.
    Things get confusing for the L.O.s.
    Accident on a State road or highway, the State Police have too cover it.
    Lot of small towns. Have local Police depts., Sheriff coverage, plus State Police.
    Hmmm. Thinking here. Our small community has Sheriff coverage. Bout time we got a Police dept.
    Our Sheriffs are good. But they have a tremendous A.O. too cover. Often working alone.
    Yes Sir tomorrow starts my campaign. Half the damn swamp town is convicted felons.
    But I have a lot of people here owe me favors.
    If I can drag them out of the bars come voting day. This could work.
    We may have too carry some of them in and just point at which lever too pull. "No not that one. The other one stupid."
    Yup. Their is a chance this could work.
    "For a safer community. Vote 4th come election day."
    First day on the job. I am ordering machine guns.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

4th for Sheriff !!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Plus, ya gotta deputize every one of your supporters as unpaid reserve officers. Issue each one a few MGs for emergencies. An M60 for the trunk and a few Ma Deuces for rooftop sentry duty.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Plus, ya gotta deputize every one of your supporters as unpaid reserve officers. Issue each one a few MGs for emergencies. An M60 for the trunk and a few Ma Deuces for rooftop sentry duty.
    Even made 60 minutes. Sheriff in a local county near here. They were not too concerned, when he bought his seventh Huey chopper from the Govt.
    But they started getting suspicious when he put 60s in them.
    Military jeeps, hell think he was looking into mortars.
    Some years back here. Think he was a Nam Vet.
    He promised he would have the safest county in Florida. Kept his word.
    His boys were better armed than the National Guard.
    60 minutes T.V. show did a bit on him.
    Kind of squashed his plans a bit for his "safer community."
    The Feds stepped in and shut him down.
    People did not even litter when that boy was in charge.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Best way to start is with a FA fixed stock Chinese 5.56 caliber. Try to find one that is registered to the receiver, not the trunnion.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile There she be..

Awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.