Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shooting my 10" shorty..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

humm--we shot the shit out of colt 10" and 11.5"s till the gas tubes were white hot with no problems to speak of.

no pigtails, no H-buffer no PRI or gas buster anything , no one-piece gas rings, hell we didn't have anything but the green follower mags, strictly old school no mall-ninja bull-shit. --

and your telling us kinght couldn't even get a shortie right? yea--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    humm--we shot the shit out of colt 10" and 11.5"s till the gas tubes were white hot with no problems to speak of.

no pigtails, no H-buffer no PRI or gas buster anything , no one-piece gas rings, hell we didn't have anything but the green follower mags, strictly old school no mall-ninja bull-shit. --

and your telling us kinght couldn't even get a shortie right? yea--LOL!
    What does "pig tailing" do? Make the gas tube build up more pressure or something?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    What does "pig tailing" do? Make the gas tube build up more pressure or something?

a pig tail is supposed to delay the impulse from the gas port hole and lower pressure by increasing the gas travel & expansion volume. it is a bit longer than a CAR gas tube and it just wraps around the barrel to increase its length.

seems like there is another version of it called a 'big-tube" or some such.

which is just a gas tube that has a bigger internal volume to lower the pressure.

there rarely used less you badly over-gassed sometimes there used on full-auto applications.

but i have never seen one used "seriously".

i guess if i had a hogged out gas port and a plugged can i might fall back on one--but i think i would fix the borked shit first---LOL!

Feedback Score

Yeah, well, I picked this upper up from LMT, right when the MK-18s started to become popular with SF units. Now, something I didn't mention, is that I had NO problems unsuppressed. Only when I put on the Knight can. I tell ya, for 1800, my personal opinion on this can-PASS. Too heavy, not enough suppression, horrible zero shift and the damn thing rattles around like a set of Bolivian dentures. I have used a good deal of KAC gear and weapons, and they are starting to go the route of HK, without the quality. Too full of themselves.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromAZ View Post
    Yeah, well, I picked this upper up from LMT, right when the MK-18s started to become popular with SF units. Now, something I didn't mention, is that I had NO problems unsuppressed. Only when I put on the Knight can. I tell ya, for 1800, my personal opinion on this can-PASS. Too heavy, not enough suppression, horrible zero shift and the damn thing rattles around like a set of Bolivian dentures. I have used a good deal of KAC gear and weapons, and they are starting to go the route of HK, without the quality. Too full of themselves.
    Ah with the can on. I missed that part, sorry. For $1800 I want those chicks thrown in.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.