Thread: Non portable silencers?

Feedback Score

Default Non portable silencers?

I was reading the Nfa and some ATF rulings and a silencer is defined as a device used to lessen the report of a "portable" firearm. In an ATF ruling it was ruled that semi 1919s are not "portable". So can one build a silencer onto the barrel of a 1919 legally? I emailed the ATF and they did not reply. Don't plan on doing this just thought it was interesting but I must be missing something right?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

The silencer is considered a firearm in and of itself portable or not. This isnt going to work for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Silencers that attach to a firearm, which a 1919 has been ruled to be, are NFA items. What you are thinking of is things like a long tube made of tires or similar that people shoot through when on the range. Those are not considered silencers, just noise reduction features of the range, same as soundproof walls on an indoor range.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh Yea, those tire tubes work well, add a bit of fiberglass insulation to them and they work even better, don't pack it tight tough + a bit of chicken wire to hold it all in place and they last a really long time.

Feedback Score

i figured it was too good to be true or someone else would have found this grand loophole before i did. i wanna be a class 3 sot when i turn 21 so ive been reading up on all this stuff

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.