Gunco Forums banner

have a sealed silencer? want it opened?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BigTinz 
#1 ·
I dont know if any of you other NFA folks on here have an old sealed suppressor, but if you havent seen what the inside of a sealed can looks like after a few thousand rounds here ya go!

these are [span style='font-style: italic;'][span style='font-weight: bold;']my [/span][/span]swr spectre baffles after about 400 rounds. what i am showing in the picture is the copper antiseize. notice the fouling. the next pic shows how easy the fouling is wiped off, but only from the outside baffle area. near the bullet path, the c5a is quickly burned away, and you are left with the same old lead deposits. luckily, its stainless, so i just toss them in the dip.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

the pics below belong to john titsworth from silencer research as noted in the picture. i am in no way taking credit for his work, as i found the pics on the internet in the public domain.

here is the link to where said pics came from

Norrell Custom Can

so basically, eventually the cans will fill up an no longer be a suppressor.

I have started a group buy over on silencertalk, if you are interested, let me know!

SilencerTalk • View topic - Jailbreak Groupbuy!!!! 215 returned!

this is basically what rotary broaching will do, which is how the new endcap will be removed

and a video of what rotary broaching is all about

[video=youtube;gUEcagEmmZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEcagEmmZo]YouTube - ‪Slater Tools Rotary Broaching Demo Video‬‏[/video]

so basically this is what SRI is offering:

-send in your sealed/loud can
-they turn your non-serviceable suppressor into a suppressor that can be opened and serviced by you
-they remove old endcap in a lathe.
-they fabricate new endcap (with the rotary broach hex feature) this will look nicer, and you wont loose volume inside the can as opposed to some other solutions for the removable endcap feature.
-they return your can to you, and now you have a much more versatile product.

See less See more
#3 ·
Very good info. Thank you.. I want a can real bad. But the old lady said if I buy anything ANYTHING related too guns, she is going too split the back of my head open with an axe while I am on the computer.
Even the UPS driver, who I know, spit at me last time he was here.
I said what the hell is that for?
"Your cats are down too skin and bones and your buying gun stuff. I am ashamed of you."
I better wait till I build up my cash flow. Maybe their rite.

#5 ·
4th, you're going about it all wrong. A suppressor isn't a "gun item", its a "medical item". The suppressor don't make a gun work any better, does it? No, it protects your hearing! Hell, get your ear doc to prescribe them for all yer guns and see if Medicare will reimburse you. My parents got two of them power chairs for free from Medicare, so if they will drop $10 grand that easy, a few hundred apiece for some hearing protection oughta be easy.

Man, that rotary broach is cool!

#6 ·
4th, you're going about it all wrong. A suppressor isn't a "gun item", its a "medical item". The suppressor don't make a gun work any better, does it? No, it protects your hearing! Hell, get your ear doc to prescribe them for all yer guns and see if Medicare will reimburse you. My parents got two of them power chairs for free from Medicare, so if they will drop $10 grand that easy, a few hundred apiece for some hearing protection oughta be easy.[/quote

I'll have to try that approach on my wife, to day were celebrating 39 years.
She get's dinner out and I get better hearing through medical science. Some how I doube she will buy it.:frown:

#7 ·
Good thinking.

I will set up a mirror like those ATM machines too watch my back.
When the old lady comes home. She is like an Apache Indian tracking a deer.
First thing she does is look in the dirt driveway for UPS tire tracks. Oh she can spot them.
When the truck leaves, I take some brush and sweep them away.
Otherwise I meet the truck at the end of the road.
Oh yeah. I got here fooled. Haa haaaa.

#8 ·
Keep on yer' toes,them wimmen's can be crafty and vicious! morayman......

#10 ·
You may think you got her fooled 4th ,but I doubt it. My X could tell when I got a new do-dad just by the smile on my face, or when I did something nice for her she would say"What did ya get now". You just THINK you got her fooled!!!! More than likley not going to happen, they can tell!!!! 6th sense ya know!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.