Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: form 1 age?

Feedback Score

hahaha definitely. do they keep your fingerprints even if they reject your application?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Don'tcha watch NCIS? The Feds got something called IAFIS, Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System. They scan the prints into the system and the computer compares yours to every one in the database. If you are already on file it verifies you are who you say you are, it also checks against all the "unknowns" recovered from crime scenes to possibly link you to an unsolved crime. If you weren't in the database before, you will be after they "run your prints". They even have mobile scanners now so agents can run your prints in the field in reatime.

FBI — IAFIS

Feedback Score

damn so you could be supplying the evidence to convict yourself of a crime by sending in form 1's or form 4's....if you had commited a crime.

Thanks for all the info, this is my first time dabbling in nfa

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Almost anytime your fingerprints get taken they go into the IAFIS. Our local PDs just started using the new scanners to take prints, no more ink and paper. Every file gets sent to the FBI as SOP.

Feedback Score

yeah i heard of people having a hard time finding a place that still does it in ink. luckily the girl at the sheriff's dept knew what i was talking about because her uncle went through the nfa process to get a suppressor. cost me $10 per card though

Feedback Score

got a call from the sheriff's dept today. my forms got signed so i went and picked them up. goin to the bank tommorow to get a money order and then gonna mail it off.

Whats the average nfa wait time these days? I've heard 2.5 to 6 months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.