Thread: NFA firearm demil question to licensed gunsmith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default NFA firearm demil question to licensed gunsmith

Hello,

I would like to pay to have a properly licensed gunsmith demil a post 86 machinegun so that I may have the remaing parts to use to build a semi-auto.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a trustworthy and experienced dealer/manufacturer to do this and possibly an estimate of the cost to have it done.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why not have the owner of the MG do it? As a Post Sample, it's either already in a dealer/manufacturer's inventory or belongs to a PD. The trouble with Posties is transferring them to another dealer, you can't do that without one of their local PDs giving them a letter stating they want a demo of that model MG. There is no other provision for transferring them between dealers, except temporary ones for repair and such. Destruction, since there is no gun to return, would qualify? If the owner can't do it, the only alternative would be to have a local guy do the job while the owner is present, no transfer.

What model MG is it?

Feedback Score

I think destruction might qualify as a "service" similar to repair and / or service, so a temporary transfer might be alright. I remember there was somebody that had some (two?) FN Minimi's cut to his specs in Canada and imported the demilled parts to the US to weld back together. His cutting specs of course were to make it easiest to weld back together and to be legal to import.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    What model MG is it?
    It was an unfired milled polish AK47 on auction. I got beat on the sale. It would have been a very nice parts kit, but at 1K a very expensive parts kit.

Please excuse the belated response and thank you for the info.
    Last edited by Inego Montoya; 11-22-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

1K OUCH!!! You can find them already done for way less than that.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.