Thread: Chrome plating a RLL

Feedback Score

Default Chrome plating a RLL

My RLL is starting to show very slight signs of wear in the normal spots. The rear ears and in the middle where it rides on the selector.I have thought about chrome plating it or some other kind of coating to resist wear. Any insight? Just trying to think of a solution. Anyone know what kind of metal the SWD LLs are made of and if the chrome would adhear to it well?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm not sure what its made of, as far as the specific grade of steel, but I personally see no issue with chrome plating it. As long as any/all serial #s etc are still intact/legible. Might think about something like Cerekote as well. Especially if they have it in a clear. Bake on ceramic coating thats tough as nails, and has very good wear resistance. The Cerekote would probably be thinner than chrome as well, which would keep it from screwing up the dimensions, and leaving you or Mr.Floyd with having to make adjustments. My 2 cents.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You might wanna read this:

http://www.duro-chrome.com/docs/article.pdf

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's another link that might help M60Joe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Caswell Inc. - Electroless Nickel Kit bring it by the house we can do it under 10 to 20 mins lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have been messing around with, Cerekote its hard to work with, but coats on real thin i'm staring to like so thin you can coat muzzle threads can't do that with, kg gun coat

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.